Singapore Expats

Made redundant after 2 weeks - need redundancy advise

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Sat, 20 Jul 2013 5:01 pm

What a $hitty employer. Potential expats cruising this board be warned there are too many stories like this these days. Good luck to you.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 24 Jul 2013 9:05 pm

If your salary is 12k+ apply for the PEP. Stay here and fight it out man. You are not an idiot if you stay here for 3 months and give yourself a chance for another opportunity.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Wed, 24 Jul 2013 9:24 pm

Wd40 wrote:If your salary is 12k+ apply for the PEP. Stay here and fight it out man. You are not an idiot if you stay here for 3 months and give yourself a chance for another opportunity.
HORSESHIT. In 3 months he'll wipe out his savings. Unless he is dead certain his industry is hiring right in Singapore he needs to get somewhere cheaper pronto.

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:15 am

actually can survive for 3 months and prob the 4th month too if he was earning 8k or more. provided he and family stays in a room instead of a condo or HDB unit, eat in everyday, no debts or outstanding loans and travel everywhere by bus, whilst looking for a job.

PNGMK wrote:
Wd40 wrote:If your salary is 12k+ apply for the PEP. Stay here and fight it out man. You are not an idiot if you stay here for 3 months and give yourself a chance for another opportunity.
HORSESHIT. In 3 months he'll wipe out his savings. Unless he is dead certain his industry is hiring right in Singapore he needs to get somewhere cheaper pronto.
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:25 am

Actually right now, is the best time of the year to find a job, especially in my industry(Banking and IT). I know this from personal experience as well as looking at how busy the recruiters in my linked in contacts list are.

I think until October the market should be bouyant. If you cant find a job here from now until october, you will never find one.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 25 Jul 2013 10:47 am

yogaloungeforever wrote:actually can survive for 3 months and prob the 4th month too if he was earning 8k or more. provided he and family stays in a room instead of a condo or HDB unit, eat in everyday, no debts or outstanding loans and travel everywhere by bus, whilst looking for a job.

PNGMK wrote:
I somehow doubt the OP lives like that. I suspect he's an Aussie and that market is booming.