Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
pianoplayer
Regular
Regular

Post by pianoplayer » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 1:25 am

jaywii wrote:
pianoplayer wrote:
jaywii wrote: yeah! i agree. my fourth time too. :( when i left, i saw a whole stack of papers for management round, but sadly, i didn't manage to secure one. i'll try in the noon the next time! haha

there was this group behind mine, first round, 9 of them went through! i feel sad for the one who didn't though. :(
if you go during noon isnt that the lunch break n u have to wait longer? hahah is there any truth in going earlier n higher chance of making it all e way?? thats what all my friends keep telling me. :(
well, i thought by going earlier, the chances would be higher. but i went 4 times alr but still didn't make it. haha so i'm gonna try after lunchtime then.
omg im tempted too coz im not a morning person but e thing is u never know if they are more lenient or strict in e afternoons sighhh.

liviatan

Post by liviatan » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 6:57 am

jaywii wrote:
Redcolour wrote:
jaywii wrote: try exfoliating your face one every few days? apply mask twice a week. haha the advice i got from my cousin who's a beautician. i was really worried for mine too cause i suddenly broke out in spots/ rashes too. but thank god, i got through the skin check. really depends on luck i feel. the other time i went, i got booted out at skin check. and this time round, its the same person who checked my skin and i was really worried, cause my skin this time round was quite horrible, but she let me through leh. just keep trying? haha

what do they look for in skin check? i am quite worried for mine, even invested in a pore concealer but dont seem to cover that well leh...
I have friends who have alot of blemishes also got in...and she got it with her first try haha.. so lucky
skin check really depends alot alot on luck leh. my skin this time round was alot worse cause i broke out in spots and rashes but i was lucky to get through. they look out for everything. -.- the way you smile, (with teeth), the way you walk, talk, eye contact, everything leh. legs, feet, arms, hands, your neck, and most importantly, your face.
your friend is so lucky! haha any tips she shared? hahaha

@liviatan dark spots like what kind? hmm. try concealing?
It's those kind of freckles spots at the back of my neck. Any one know how to get rid? Tried to conceal but it's damn tough to conceal, still visible.

Oh ya, ppl. i heard from friends that going early like being in the batch of 1st few are easier to get in, that's what my friends did and all are having training now. I don't know if it's true not.

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 9:38 am

liviatan wrote:
jaywii wrote:
Redcolour wrote:
what do they look for in skin check? i am quite worried for mine, even invested in a pore concealer but dont seem to cover that well leh...
I have friends who have alot of blemishes also got in...and she got it with her first try haha.. so lucky
skin check really depends alot alot on luck leh. my skin this time round was alot worse cause i broke out in spots and rashes but i was lucky to get through. they look out for everything. -.- the way you smile, (with teeth), the way you walk, talk, eye contact, everything leh. legs, feet, arms, hands, your neck, and most importantly, your face.

It's those kind of freckles spots at the back of my neck. Any one know how to get rid? Tried to conceal but it's damn tough to conceal, still visible.

Oh ya, ppl. i heard from friends that going early like being in the batch of 1st few are easier to get in, that's what my friends did and all are having training now. I don't know if it's true not.
hmm. i'm not really sure. cause i went at 7plus am each time. but i didn't see alot of people getting through. :( so i'm gonna try my luck in the noon the next time.
try whitening products? it's located at the bottom part of the neck or nearer to the scalp? cause they made me lift up my hair and the lady told me that i have afew red spots near my scalp,
she said to buy some oil to apply, i'm not really sure. :/ she let me pass though. i think it's just pure luck leh. hmm. maybe short hair would be better? cause can cover. lol
the sky is the limit. (:

liviatan

Post by liviatan » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 10:51 am

jaywii wrote:
liviatan wrote:
jaywii wrote: skin check really depends alot alot on luck leh. my skin this time round was alot worse cause i broke out in spots and rashes but i was lucky to get through. they look out for everything. -.- the way you smile, (with teeth), the way you walk, talk, eye contact, everything leh. legs, feet, arms, hands, your neck, and most importantly, your face.

hmm. i'm not really sure. cause i went at 7plus am each time. but i didn't see alot of people getting through. :( so i'm gonna try my luck in the noon the next time.
try whitening products? it's located at the bottom part of the neck or nearer to the scalp? cause they made me lift up my hair and the lady told me that i have afew red spots near my scalp,
she said to buy some oil to apply, i'm not really sure. :/ she let me pass though. i think it's just pure luck leh. hmm. maybe short hair would be better? cause can cover. lol
It's at the middle part at the back of neck. i was thinking of cutting short hair too. They don't ask u lift up hair if having short hair? i know they asked me to lift up for long hair. Well, it's really pure luck, doubt the time matters? haha

how many times have u tried?

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:15 am

liviatan wrote:
jaywii wrote:
liviatan wrote: It's those kind of freckles spots at the back of my neck. Any one know how to get rid? Tried to conceal but it's damn tough to conceal, still visible.

It's at the middle part at the back of neck. i was thinking of cutting short hair too. They don't ask u lift up hair if having short hair? i know they asked me to lift up for long hair. Well, it's really pure luck, doubt the time matters? haha

how many times have u tried?
four. :( i'm not sure if they will ask you to lift up your hair if it's short, but the other day i went, this girl with shoulder length hair, they didn't ask her to lift up leh. but depends on the person checking i guess?
the sky is the limit. (:

Redcolour

Post by Redcolour » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 12:56 pm

jaywii wrote:
Redcolour wrote:
jaywii wrote: what do they look for in skin check? i am quite worried for mine, even invested in a pore concealer but dont seem to cover that well leh...

@jaywii: hahah ya i think she spent like 5k on facial? lol! :lol: but from what i see i think her complexion is fine? >.>

anybody with visible pores but still can get in?? or any good pore concealers/fillers to share? or any good remedies? lol :P

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 1:33 pm

Redcolour wrote:
jaywii wrote:
Redcolour wrote: skin check really depends alot alot on luck leh. my skin this time round was alot worse cause i broke out in spots and rashes but i was lucky to get through. they look out for everything. -.- the way you smile, (with teeth), the way you walk, talk, eye contact, everything leh. legs, feet, arms, hands, your neck, and most importantly, your face.

@jaywii: hahah ya i think she spent like 5k on facial? lol! :lol: but from what i see i think her complexion is fine? >.>

anybody with visible pores but still can get in?? or any good pore concealers/fillers to share? or any good remedies? lol :P
omfg 5k?!?!?! wow. she's rich. hahaha
hmm. try benefit's porefessional? or maybelline pore eraser? l'oreal base magique?
lol these are the only three i've used.

which pore concealer did you get?
the sky is the limit. (:

ruthrinlim

Post by ruthrinlim » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 3:02 pm

Interviews will be conducted on 24 August 2013 (Saturday) at:

Concorde Hotel
100 Orchard Road,
Singapore 238840

@liviatan pm you

liviatan

Post by liviatan » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 3:13 pm

ruthrinlim wrote:Interviews will be conducted on 24 August 2013 (Saturday) at:

Concorde Hotel
100 Orchard Road,
Singapore 238840

@liviatan pm you
@ruthrinlim i can't pm you. could you pm your email? hahas. THANKS!

@Redcolour can try covermark

Redcolour

Post by Redcolour » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 5:12 pm

jaywii wrote:
Redcolour wrote:
jaywii wrote:
@jaywii: which is better of all you've used? i got ettusais pore concealer, the one in tube. i think it's abit too dry and cakey lol

@liviatan: where to get covermark?

anybody gonna try the walk-in in August? like keep getting rejected without knowing why lol...what to look out for?? 8-)

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 5:56 pm

Redcolour wrote:
jaywii wrote:
Redcolour wrote:
you can get covermark at taka, haha i heard alot of people saying that it's a super good concealer. *but i read online, they said it moved from taka to forum, orchard*

i like l'oreal base magique the best. haha it's very soft and smooth.
the sky is the limit. (:

Ashlicious

Post by Ashlicious » Sun, 21 Jul 2013 9:32 am

Hi all! Anyone receive call from Sia after going for the medical checkup? For July interview

Happyval

Post by Happyval » Sun, 21 Jul 2013 12:03 pm

Ashlicious wrote:Hi all! Anyone receive call from Sia after going for the medical checkup? For July interview

Hi, i havent received any call yet. Did u go for second checkup?

Happyval

Post by Happyval » Sun, 21 Jul 2013 12:13 pm

Ashlicious wrote:Hi all! Anyone receive call from Sia after going for the medical checkup? For July interview

Ashlicious

Post by Ashlicious » Sun, 21 Jul 2013 3:14 pm

Happyval wrote:

Yup! Went for the second x-ray at mount e. Yourself? I'm afraid I declared my past operation and it will affect the chances getting in.