Singapore Expats

Enquiry

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
claudiaguerreiro

Enquiry

Post by claudiaguerreiro » Mon, 15 Jul 2013 6:06 pm

Hello everybody!

My name is Claudia and I am from Portugal. I am currently living in Cambodia as I was doing a volunteer with children in Siem Reap.

However my dream was always to live in Singapore!

I will apply to a Master's program in Singapore next year and I plan to do the Student's Pass Permit. But I would like to ask if it necessary to apply for a resident permit or something else to find a part-time job there while studying... !? How does it work?

My boyfriend is Cambodian he would like to come along with me to Singapore. Do you know if he needs any special requirement to apply for a visa besides a valid passport? How much does the visa cost?

And how about finding a job? Does he need to apply previously for a resident permit to find a job in Singapore or he can just go there, do the visa at the entrance and start to find a job when he is already in Singapore?

I am sorry to bother you with my silly questions and I hope you can help me!!

Thank you very much for your attention

Best regards!

bro75
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by bro75 » Mon, 15 Jul 2013 7:40 pm

For you, the answers are below:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/foreign-manpower/ ... dents.aspx

For your bf, as a citizen of an ASEAN country, he can come to Singapore on a 30 day social visit pass with just his passport. It is possible to extend his stay via online application or by doing visa runs (this is not recommended as there is a possibility of being denied entry). To be able to work in Singapore, an employer must apply a work permit or employment pass for him. Check the website below for more info on working in Singapore.

http://www.mom.gov.sg