Singapore Expats

LTVP for my mother in law rejected

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
lesliechow2003

LTVP for my mother in law rejected

Post by lesliechow2003 » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 4:20 pm

Im Singaporean , I have two sons age 3 and 4 , My wife is Malaysia PR. I applied LTVP to my mother in law but rejected, seeking mp for apealing my case. but ICA still rejected us.
To help government arrest the issue of population deficiency , we hope to have more babies . But now who can help to take care my sons . I and my wife have to work, Rotate shift.

akrapovic

Post by akrapovic » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 6:43 pm

ICA is probably thinking why cant your parents help to take care instead?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 6:51 pm

^^^This.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

lesliechow2003

Post by lesliechow2003 » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 7:24 pm

But both my parents are Malaysian , My mother can't come to Singapore due to health problem.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 7:57 pm

As far as I can see from the ICA site, there should be no reason why they are rejected, unless it for monetary considerations. I think a trip to ICA might be in order to try to get clarification. Good Luck and let us know how you go.

sms
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

lesliechow2003

Post by lesliechow2003 » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 8:04 am

Hi SMS , thanks for your reply. But last week I went to ICA 4th floor request to talk to officer but they dun allow. The person ( who sit at the queue number counter ) said rejected means rejected.

lesliechow2003

Post by lesliechow2003 » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 8:08 am

Is it the only is hire a maid to take care my sons? But maid is for house work and not for childcare. My mother in law is more suitable because she is the person who take care my sons since they born. If the reason is the government is controlling the population growth , whats the different between maid and my mother in law?? Both are foreigner mah...

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:00 am

Just stabbing in the dark...
- Are your kids PRs or SCs and/or dual citizen? (They should be SCs, I think?)
- Why didn't your wife apply, since they are her parents not yours?

lesliechow2003

Post by lesliechow2003 » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:07 am

Hi , Both kids are Singapore Citizen. At first my mother in law was sponser by my wife but rejected. After that I bring the letter to get help form MP then I become sponser liao.After appeal twice time from MP ICA still reject. Is it LTVP only reserved for rich person??

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 1:20 pm

lesliechow2003 wrote:Hi , Both kids are Singapore Citizen. At first my mother in law was sponser by my wife but rejected. After that I bring the letter to get help form MP then I become sponser liao.After appeal twice time from MP ICA still reject. Is it LTVP only reserved for rich person??
I'd keep appealing. No the LTVP is not reserved for rich person but you do obviously have to capable of supporting the family. If your income is a bit low (<$3000) you might need to show evidence of other financials (i.e. assets or cash that your MIL plans to use while in Singapore).

lesliechow2003

Post by lesliechow2003 » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 1:36 pm

My combined income with my wife only $5k plus per month, and stay in 3 room flat. If my income cannot support my mother in law , then is it possible to hire a maid ??Goverment encourge have more babies , but now who dare to do ?

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 2:19 pm

lesliechow2003 wrote:If my income cannot support my mother in law , then is it possible to hire a maid ??Goverment encourge have more babies , but now who dare to do ?
Hey buddy, we don't make the rules and neither do we speak for the government (you should take those arguments up with your MP); we just try to provide help and information based on the previous anecdotal evidence shared on this site and our own experiences.

Everyone will have their own views on which foreigners should be allowed into Singapore and which should be refused. Sadly, however, many of your fellow countrymen are engaging in rabid anti-foreigner vitriol that has litttle logic or subtlety behind it (and sometines it's just downright racist and xenophobic). Now you can see some of the results in action.

Hence my signature below. Good luck.
Be careful what you wish for

lesliechow2003

Post by lesliechow2003 » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 2:30 pm

Hi Ai Amigo , thanks for your info . I understand that its garment matter I should't argue here, I just fell upset . Sorry for that.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 2:34 pm

No problem, just sayin! And the gahmen is just reacting to the outcry (not very well thought through in many cases) of the masses. Now at least one SC understands how some expats feel when they are rejected. Anyway, back to the topic - I'd suggest you follow PNGMK's advice as it seems you've exhausted the other options. Perhaps a detailed covering letter with all the relevant details suggested above might help; hard to say for sure but it will probably do no harm.

Again, good luck and please keep this thread updated for the benefit of others who may be in a similar situation in the future.

... And just to add to the knowledge pool here, can you clarify your race and that of your wife?
Be careful what you wish for

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 10:27 pm

Maybe they think that with the combined income of $5K you are not able to support more than four persons? Could be a reason.