Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 6:00 pm

bunnypooo wrote:@jaywii thanks babe!!! yeah but im quite worried too, coz you'd never know how it goesssss like really like if they not happy then just say ok you are rejected without any reason one!

hopefully nowadays its easier to get in coz its singaporeans only.
personally i think the hardest round is at stc, management round, 6 interviewees to 2 interviewers coz u dont know what they're looking for at all! its really toughhhh. i went to that round 5 times and only on 2nd june i got thru, but stuck at kebaya round!
so lucky leh. i've never been to 2nd day. :(
lol went 3 times and twice stuck at 1-1, once at skin check. super devastated.
think positive!
the sky is the limit. (:

ruthrinlim

Post by ruthrinlim » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 6:25 pm

PMed you!
bunnypooo wrote:@jaywii thanks babe!!! yeah but im quite worried too, coz you'd never know how it goesssss like really like if they not happy then just say ok you are rejected without any reason one!

hopefully nowadays its easier to get in coz its singaporeans only.
personally i think the hardest round is at stc, management round, 6 interviewees to 2 interviewers coz u dont know what they're looking for at all! its really toughhhh. i went to that round 5 times and only on 2nd june i got thru, but stuck at kebaya round!

chubbycat

Post by chubbycat » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 7:21 pm

bunnypooo wrote:hi chubbycat!

I was from 1st June interview batch as well and was put on KIV. Today, I received a call (from Mary? I dunno) and she said that I was put on the KIV for August interview instead... so she asked me to come down in August instead and not the July batch! :(

Hope you get your call soon!
\

hihi!
omg thanks so much for replying! and wow so we're in the same boat. i finally got the call from Mary too!! :D i got put in the august batch as well, i think it's because they feel you need 2-3 months to notice the difference. what were you KIV for?

@jaywii thanks for your encouragement!
hey dear, if you can pm me, give me your e-mail or contact number, i can help you (:

bunnypooo

Post by bunnypooo » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 10:30 am

@chubbycat, babeeeee i was KIVed for weight too. she asked me to lose weight but she didnt specify a number but i'd try to lose as much as I can before Aug! yeah i was quite sad it's not this weekend actually, cos i wanna get in quicker! lol!

@jaywii yup babe think positiveeeee. i also dont know how they select, but really alot of it is luck! i have seen a lot of candidates whom i think are better than me (like prettier! and skinnier!) in my opinion, but they also got out..

@ruthrinlim babe, i reply you here? so anyway the mgmt rd i honestly dont really know how they select, but i've been there a few times, i think they dont really pick those who are like SUPER confident, u have to be confident of yourself/what you say etc, but cannot be like super super damn confident that type, then most imptly is eye contact with the interviewers? cos like i see some people are really shy, like never look at them also out. i dont really think is what you say, so dont be worried if your mind is blank and dont know what to say etc, like during the debate it isn't like how smart you are or something.. another thing impt is that when you introd your partner, maybe try to say something like cute/funny that will make them remember you/ your partner, like dont sabo your partner la, like you help her she help you, then both get in is the best!!!!!!!! hahahaa, just dont be so nervous babe, im sure the next time will be good for you!

SaruSenin

Post by SaruSenin » Fri, 12 Jul 2013 9:48 pm

O.o I dont feel as nervous for tomorrows interview... Should I go earlier or later? Last time I went first round 9/10 got rejected... Wonder if I go later is better? :???:

MkG

Post by MkG » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 12:02 am

SaruSenin wrote:O.o I dont feel as nervous for tomorrows interview... Should I go earlier or later? Last time I went first round 9/10 got rejected... Wonder if I go later is better? :???:
Earlier is better, to me it shows optimism somehow. May the force always be with you! :D

yujie

Post by yujie » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 1:07 pm

Hey peeps! I keep getting boot out during skin check.. Prolly my skin look rough even with foundation on... Dunno what to do now...

SaruSenin

Post by SaruSenin » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 1:25 pm

@YuJie You should try massaging ur skin/ affected areas. Try using aloe vera it may help

SaruSenin

Post by SaruSenin » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 1:26 pm

yujie wrote:Hey peeps! I keep getting boot out during skin check.. Prolly my skin look rough even with foundation on... Dunno what to do now...
What question did you get today?

yujie

Post by yujie » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 4:41 pm

@saru. Thanks for the advice!

My question is " knowing that a cc job is demanding, how do you think you can cope with it?"

What's urs?

SaruSenin

Post by SaruSenin » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 8:20 pm

yujie wrote:@saru. Thanks for the advice!

My question is " knowing that a cc job is demanding, how do you think you can cope with it?"

What's urs?
Mine is "What is your fav food"

tresorinlove

Post by tresorinlove » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 9:50 pm

hello guys! how was the interview today? I gave this a miss and will be trying for the next one in august.

@jaywii - did you go today??

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 4:59 am

tresorinlove wrote:hello guys! how was the interview today? I gave this a miss and will be trying for the next one in august.

haha yeah, i did. got booted out at the one to one again. :( there were lesser and lesser people trying out. i think the next time i'll go in the noon alr. haha just try lo. since not as many people alr, noon should be no queue ba? haha the interviewer asked alot alot alot of questions. -.-" and didnt give me time to read through the passage and think of an answer at all, once i flip the passage over, he asked me to read and then answer. :( and most of the time, he didnt look at me when i was talking. :((((
but when i went, the rate they were kicking people out was SUPER fast. hahaha
the sky is the limit. (:

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 5:05 am

yujie wrote:Hey peeps! I keep getting boot out during skin check.. Prolly my skin look rough even with foundation on... Dunno what to do now...
try exfoliating your face one every few days? apply mask twice a week. haha the advice i got from my cousin who's a beautician. i was really worried for mine too cause i suddenly broke out in spots/ rashes too. but thank god, i got through the skin check. really depends on luck i feel. the other time i went, i got booted out at skin check. and this time round, its the same person who checked my skin and i was really worried, cause my skin this time round was quite horrible, but she let me through leh. just keep trying? haha
the sky is the limit. (:

SaruSenin

Post by SaruSenin » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 11:05 am

jaywii wrote:
tresorinlove wrote:hello guys! how was the interview today? I gave this a miss and will be trying for the next one in august.

haha yeah, i did. got booted out at the one to one again. :( there were lesser and lesser people trying out. i think the next time i'll go in the noon alr. haha just try lo. since not as many people alr, noon should be no queue ba? haha the interviewer asked alot alot alot of questions. -.-" and didnt give me time to read through the passage and think of an answer at all, once i flip the passage over, he asked me to read and then answer. :( and most of the time, he didnt look at me when i was talking. :((((
but when i went, the rate they were kicking people out was SUPER fast. hahaha
Was quite surprised at the rate they were booting people out... Went there at about 10am surprised to see so little people there... On the way to Concorde can see alot of unsuccessful candidates walking pass me... Was in group 27. I think afternoon might have a better chance, might have less people. Esp when i tt that uni's in Singapore just finished with their exams...