Singapore Expats

Kovan Murders - Brunette man suspect

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 11:58 am

Apparently the suspect is a police officer of 14 years...

Infact he was given an award for his excellent work in Bedok being stated as the PRIDE of the force - http://goo.gl/IYMdA this is a google cache, the actual page is no longer there, SPF must have taken it down....

Interesting stuff.
nutnut

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 12:03 pm

nutnut wrote:Apparently the suspect is a police officer of 14 years...

Infact he was given an award for his excellent work in Bedok being stated as the PRIDE of the force - http://goo.gl/IYMdA this is a google cache, the actual page is no longer there, SPF must have taken it down....

Interesting stuff.
Well a cop should know how best to kill someone. And they are the only category here who could possibly have easy access to a pistol.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 12:43 pm

But as was already stated, both victims were slashed to death, not shot. Additionally, he was in debt, had personal domestic problems, and was facing an internal disciplinary process.

He's already back in Singapore at the Cantonment complex.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 1:48 pm

It all seems a bit messy.

Chantikki
Regular
Regular

Post by Chantikki » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 5:29 pm

it seem he was the officer that attended to a police call by the deceased in 2012.

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 1:18 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:But as was already stated, both victims were slashed to death, not shot. Additionally, he was in debt, had personal domestic problems, and was facing an internal disciplinary process.

He's already back in Singapore at the Cantonment complex.
I suspect it involved initial corruption (over the supposed theft of goods from a Cisco safe box), mixed in with a standover tactic by a bankrupt cop that the victims probably refused and then some undoubtedly racist remarks (on both sides) followed by violence.

Personally, if Malay man goes nuts... I get the hell out of dodge.

Never forget where the phrase "run amok" comes from.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Running_amok

"Running amok, sometimes referred to as simply amok,[1] also spelled amuk, from the Malay,[2] is "an episode of sudden mass assault against people or objects usually by a single individual following a period of brooding that has traditionally been regarded as occurring especially in Malaysian culture"

(10:1 the son tried to stand in the way of the cop driving off in his car... only in Singapore would a person sacrifice their life for a car).

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 1:23 pm

Wow! I never thought Malaysia/Indonesia could contribute to English. They have contributed and how! :lol:

Chantikki
Regular
Regular

Post by Chantikki » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 2:55 pm

From Yahoo:

The full extent of the relationship between the two remains unknown, but Malaysia's New Straits Times claimed, via "an SPF source", that Iskandar and Tan Chee Heong were “romantically involvedâ€Â

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Sun, 14 Jul 2013 6:24 pm

[quote="Chantikki"]From Yahoo:

The full extent of the relationship between the two remains unknown, but Malaysia's New Straits Times claimed, via "an SPF source", that Iskandar and Tan Chee Heong were “romantically involvedâ€Â

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Post by Barnsley » Mon, 15 Jul 2013 11:25 am

[quote="Chantikki"]From Yahoo:

Life is short, paddle harder!!

Chantikki
Regular
Regular

Post by Chantikki » Mon, 15 Jul 2013 9:08 pm

[quote="Barnsley"][quote="Chantikki"]From Yahoo:

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 15 Jul 2013 10:06 pm

[quote="Chantikki"][quote="Barnsley"][quote="Chantikki"]From Yahoo:

SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

yogaloungeforever
Chatter
Chatter

Post by yogaloungeforever » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 10:51 am

This thread is getting hilarious ... why is the thread topic changed? last i checked it was the suspect blonde woman. today is suspect brunette man :D
Life is short hence I live it to its fullest, that is .... I eat and sleep

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:04 am

Thread starter edited their post it looks like.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 16 Jul 2013 11:38 am

PNGMK wrote:Well a cop should know how best to kill someone. And they are the only category here who could possibly have easy access to a pistol.

And private police too .. :D (of course, I am leaving out the others in uniform .. )