Singapore Expats

Suspicious "suicide" of American in SG

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 08 Jul 2013 2:27 pm

If I'm not mistaken, it was brought up in the inquiry that he suffered from depression while still in University as well. So, it may well have manifested itself again when he was transferred to another project. I don't have a clue myself, but I don't have any reason not to believe the findings of the inquiry. It is sad but even more sad for the parents who just cannot accept that it could happen to their son, even though there were aware that he was treated for depression in the US years ago and that he had also been to a doctor in Singapore for the same reason. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Chantikki
Regular
Regular

Post by Chantikki » Tue, 09 Jul 2013 12:00 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:If I'm not mistaken, it was brought up in the inquiry that he suffered from depression while still in University as well. So, it may well have manifested itself again when he was transferred to another project. I don't have a clue myself, but I don't have any reason not to believe the findings of the inquiry. It is sad but even more sad for the parents who just cannot accept that it could happen to their son, even though there were aware that he was treated for depression in the US years ago and that he had also been to a doctor in Singapore for the same reason. :-|
My brother had depression and died and my parents are in denial about some things. It's sad, people with mental illness need help.

Chantikki
Regular
Regular

Post by Chantikki » Sat, 13 Jul 2013 11:14 am