Singapore Expats

Interview goof up!

Chats, Flames, Jokes, Junks. Don't know where to post ? You've just found the right place.
nutnut
Manager
Manager

Post by nutnut » Wed, 10 Jul 2013 4:51 pm

Just say you don't know! it saves my time!
nutnut

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Wed, 10 Jul 2013 5:18 pm

nutnut wrote:Just say you don't know! it saves my time!
But that means losing face!!! An example for one race: http://youtu.be/ZtbyVFLl_7U?t=53s
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 10 Jul 2013 11:21 pm

Thanks everyone for the comments. I forgot to mention though, that this opportunity came to me through referral. In fact the position is currently occupied by my friend and he is moving to India, to another branch of the company, to take on a different role and a higher position.

I just got a call from my friend that I cleared that round and there is one more local director round followed by HR round. The feedback was as expected, I need to be more assertive :). I have to say though that inspite of the goof up, having such strong and close referral, really saved me, atleast for the moment.

Another advantage of having referral is you know exactly whats happening internally in the interview process. They have shortlisted another 4 guys for this position, but I am kind of top of the list at the moment and the others have not been interviewed yet at the top level.

My friend told me that I am 95% through and as long as I dont goof up in the local director round, I should be able to get it. Keeping fingers crossed :)

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 1:22 am

Wd40 wrote:Thanks everyone for the comments. I forgot to mention though, that this opportunity came to me through referral. In fact the position is currently occupied by my friend and he is moving to India, to another branch of the company, to take on a different role and a higher position.

I just got a call from my friend that I cleared that round and there is one more local director round followed by HR round. The feedback was as expected, I need to be more assertive :). I have to say though that inspite of the goof up, having such strong and close referral, really saved me, atleast for the moment.

Another advantage of having referral is you know exactly whats happening internally in the interview process. They have shortlisted another 4 guys for this position, but I am kind of top of the list at the moment and the others have not been interviewed yet at the top level.

My friend told me that I am 95% through and as long as I dont goof up in the local director round, I should be able to get it. Keeping fingers crossed :)

You won't make it. Your friend is being kind and not telling you the truth.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 10:14 am

PNGMK wrote:
Wd40 wrote:Thanks everyone for the comments. I forgot to mention though, that this opportunity came to me through referral. In fact the position is currently occupied by my friend and he is moving to India, to another branch of the company, to take on a different role and a higher position.

I don't know, I'm sure the friend is white-washing it a bit, but consider his likely competition. I don't think I've ever talked to any candidates in Singapore (local or FT) would would have been more assertive and Googled for the answer.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 1:07 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
PNGMK wrote:

I don't know, I'm sure the friend is white-washing it a bit, but consider his likely competition. I don't think I've ever talked to any candidates in Singapore (local or FT) would would have been more assertive and Googled for the answer.
Time will tell for WD40 and I owe him a drink if he gets the job!

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 11 Jul 2013 1:43 pm

Well, to be frank, not getting the job is not the worst thing. The worst thing is my friend vouching for my abilities and me getting the job on that basis and then not being able to match up and getting kicked out.