Singapore Expats

Classical Piano & Violin Musicians!

Post here to organise an event, gathering, meetup, party. Search for expats from your country, sports partners or meet new friends here!
Priscilla.Ong

Classical Piano & Violin Musicians!

Post by Priscilla.Ong » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 1:17 am

Hey People!

It will be great to gather and form a team/group of musicians!

Just a small introduction i played the Violin and Piano,but Piano is my major instrument! Always wanted to Play piano duets but i do not have much friends who is into Classical Music. These days where Classical music lovers are rare :)

Keep me posted if you are interested in creating beautiful music too!

visly

Post by visly » Fri, 05 Jul 2013 12:38 am

Hi Priscilla,

I used to play the violin. I still do, occasionally. But I haven't not been doing sight-reading on music scores in while.

I still enjoy classical music, along with other music genres.

sporeexpatlover

Re: Classical Piano & Violin Musicians!

Post by sporeexpatlover » Fri, 05 Jul 2013 11:35 pm

Priscilla.Ong wrote:Hey People!

Just a small introduction i played the Violin and Piano,but Piano is my major instrument! Always wanted to Play piano duets but i do not have much friends who is into Classical Music. These days where Classical music lovers are rare :)

i cant play any instuments but i love classical music,esp. fr baroque era,vivaldi

yyee

Post by yyee » Sat, 06 Jul 2013 12:53 am

I am a classical music lover. Would like to know new friends to share it.

Priscilla.Ong

Post by Priscilla.Ong » Sun, 07 Jul 2013 12:45 am

visly wrote:Hi Priscilla,

I used to play the violin. I still do, occasionally. But I haven't not been doing sight-reading on music scores in while.

Last edited by Priscilla.Ong on Sun, 07 Jul 2013 12:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Priscilla.Ong

Post by Priscilla.Ong » Sun, 07 Jul 2013 12:51 am

yyee wrote:I am a classical music lover. Would like to know new friends to share it.
Hi Yyee!

Do you play any musical instruments as well!Great to hear that you are a classical music lover :) Which pianist do you always listen to and watch their performances?

Priscilla.Ong

Post by Priscilla.Ong » Sun, 07 Jul 2013 1:00 am

visly wrote:Hi Priscilla,

Hi Visly,

That's good to hear that!I do practice my violin occasionally too,sight reading wise still manageable :) There are a few pieces that sounds really well with both the violin and piano such as Air in G string & Solo pieces like Meditation from Thais!

yyee

Post by yyee » Sun, 07 Jul 2013 12:59 pm

I used to play piano. However, I seldom do it after relocation to SG as I don't have piano at home. I like the pianist Kissin. Have you heard of his name? Indeed, there are many good concerts here. Let's see if we can go together next time.

ariesrising

Post by ariesrising » Sun, 07 Jul 2013 3:46 pm

Hi everyone

If there's room for a sax, please count me in! i can do a Bach cello suite impersonation as well, if required. :D

yyee

Post by yyee » Sun, 07 Jul 2013 11:24 pm

It's good to know that there are so many classical music lovers here. Actually I would like to learn playing Cello as well. However, I have no ideas how to start it like how to choose a Cello and which musical center is better. Anyone here can give me some suggestions?

Priscilla.Ong

Post by Priscilla.Ong » Sun, 07 Jul 2013 11:45 pm

yyee wrote:I used to play piano. However, I seldom do it after relocation to SG as I don't have piano at home. I like the pianist Kissin. Have you heard of his name? Indeed, there are many good concerts here. Let's see if we can go together next time.
You should keep your passion going,get a piano and start practising! Are you referring to Evgney Kissin?There is actually 1 concert coming in November,performing pianist Lang Lang with SSO! Hopefully i could get the tickets before it sold out again :(

ariesrising

Post by ariesrising » Mon, 08 Jul 2013 1:27 am

Hi Yyee

You can go to Synwin or Gramercy at Katong. They have okay instruments for beginners, and they can probably refer you to teachers as well.

yyee

Post by yyee » Mon, 08 Jul 2013 9:39 pm

Thanks for all your suggestion. I will go to take a look.

By the way, anyone interested to listen to the Choir of King's College, Cambridge which will be held on 17 Aug 13 (Sat) night. Also there will be a musical - Hairspray showing in SG from 26 Sep to 1 Oct 13. Early bookings can enjoy 20% discount. Please let me know if anyone here is interested in either of them :)

foodball

Post by foodball » Sun, 04 Aug 2013 1:33 am

I have a facebook group called 'Piano Aficionados'. We share classical piano music (and occasionally other instruments) so please send me a message on fb so that I can invite you to the group. My fb email is [email protected].

TORLORLOR

Re: Classical Piano & Violin Musicians!

Post by TORLORLOR » Thu, 08 Aug 2013 11:24 am

Hi there I play classical Piano and would love to meet firends to form assemble together, I also love piano 4 hands and duet.
I have a piano at home , please add me into your group if you have any gathering, thanks

and
Priscilla.Ong wrote:Hey People!