Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
mimisue

Post by mimisue » Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:13 pm

Jer_ wrote:Hello there,

I'm June batch candidate. I have some enquires to make.

First of all, this morning I have just submitted my army medical report as the doctor wants to know the reason why am I downgraded to C9L9. The reason is I used to have mild eczema and dry skin during army days. Also, I submitted a referral letter from my regular doctor that I am fully recovered. I am wondering that does SQ reject C9L9 candidtaes? Does anyone facing this problem before?

Next, this afternoon I have received a missed call from a regenerated number which is unavailable in use, 6540 3555. Anyone received this number too? I hope it isn't from SQ.

Your replies are truly appreciated. Thank you.

The call might be from sq(i'm not sure of the number tho). But usually when people don't answer the call, they will email you instead, so no worries and keep checking your email!! And a call usually means you are accepted so here's hoping you are! :)

Jer_

Post by Jer_ » Mon, 24 Jun 2013 11:32 pm

mimisue wrote:
Jer_ wrote:Hello there,

I'm June batch candidate. I have some enquires to make.

First of all, this morning I have just submitted my army medical report as the doctor wants to know the reason why am I downgraded to C9L9. The reason is I used to have mild eczema and dry skin during army days. Also, I submitted a referral letter from my regular doctor that I am fully recovered. I am wondering that does SQ reject C9L9 candidtaes? Does anyone facing this problem before?

Next, this afternoon I have received a missed call from a regenerated number which is unavailable in use, 6540 3555. Anyone received this number too? I hope it isn't from SQ.

Your replies are truly appreciated. Thank you.

The call might be from sq(i'm not sure of the number tho). But usually when people don't answer the call, they will email you instead, so no worries and keep checking your email!! And a call usually means you are accepted so here's hoping you are! :)

Thank you for your reply, mimisue!! The waiting is really driving us nuts. I hope the C9L9 issue isn't a problem. *Crossed fingers*

pinkprincess

Post by pinkprincess » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 3:59 am

Hi!I am new here.
1. what is the salary range of a blue stewardess nowadays?I have googled a lot the results dont tend to be recent...and i heard that it is less recently///
2. I graduated frm a top jc last yr but not gg uni and working now due to finanical issues...as im a pr i need min a diploma.i tried my luck once with sia but to no avail. A gov poly wud be 3 yrs which is too long, a private one can be 1 yr or even 8mthsbut im not sure if they wud recognise.....im wondering...shud i just try my luck with sia with just a levels?keep trying meanwhile taking private dip or sth?or join silkair 1st for 2 yrs then try to transfer to sq?in the mean while i cud take private degree and likely to have become citizen alr.i was born n bred here btw. i heard sia takes in my nationality to take better care of customers frm the country...but since i did not grow up there do u think i stand a chance if i apply with private diploma?
thanks loads

SaruSenin

Post by SaruSenin » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 10:54 am

pinkprincess wrote:Hi!I am new here.
1. what is the salary range of a blue stewardess nowadays?I have googled a lot the results dont tend to be recent...and i heard that it is less recently///
2. I graduated frm a top jc last yr but not gg uni and working now due to finanical issues...as im a pr i need min a diploma.i tried my luck once with sia but to no avail. A gov poly wud be 3 yrs which is too long, a private one can be 1 yr or even 8mthsbut im not sure if they wud recognise.....im wondering...shud i just try my luck with sia with just a levels?keep trying meanwhile taking private dip or sth?or join silkair 1st for 2 yrs then try to transfer to sq?in the mean while i cud take private degree and likely to have become citizen alr.i was born n bred here btw. i heard sia takes in my nationality to take better care of customers frm the country...but since i did not grow up there do u think i stand a chance if i apply with private diploma?
thanks loads
just follow the requirements in the SIA site can already, if u meet any of these criteria can already.

* Degree/ Diploma
OR
* At least 2 GCE ‘A’-level credits and 2 ‘AO’-level credits including General Paper in the GCE ‘A’-level examination
OR
* At least 5 GCE ‘O’-level credits including English and working experience
* Completed, are exempted from, or are not liable for National Service. Those in the process of completing NS may also apply.

Coming SIA interview u going? 13 Jul?

wav35_

Post by wav35_ » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 9:38 pm

pinkprincess wrote:Hi!I am new here.
thanks loads
why PR with A level cannot apply?

but sg walk in doesnt recruit PR for the time being. u might wanna check your home country requirement to be accurate.

http://www.singaporeair.com/jsp/cms/en_ ... tments.jsp

and i heard for private diploma, it must be more than a year. i cant verify this though, best to check with SIA straight.

Jer_

Post by Jer_ » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 7:19 am

haq89 wrote:Hey all,

I am from the Dec intake. I received a miss call on Monday from 6540 3555 and 6541 7333. I understand that is the same number that calls up for the employment outcome. Tried to call back, but to no avail.

Does anyone have any idea, how do i call back or leave a note for my employment outcome? Thanks, appreciate it alot.
Hello there,

I received the call on Monday afternoon, do u think its from SIA? Did they call u again afterward?

Thanks.

tresorinlove

Post by tresorinlove » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 8:52 pm

Hi guys, i'm new here!

I am caught in a terrible dilemma and would like to seek some advice.
I am 23 years old this year and have been working in the corporate world for 2 years. I have left my first full time job in May after two years and I gave the 1 June 2013 SQ interview a shot. I did not even get through the first round :(

Being an SQ girl is my childhood dream and i am pretty much obsessed to be one. Right now i will be starting my new contract role (12 months, 1 month's notice for resignation) with a pretty good company but i still cant stop thinking of being a cabin crew.

What should i do?

I can't afford to be jobless and keep trying till i get in.
My new employer is also one of my dream companies (other than SIA!).
It really sucks that my dream company and my dream job are two different things.

Should i start trying to get into SQ from July onwards? Or should i take things slow...Getting in is ultimately one of the things that i am dying for right now.

Any suggestions? Any one else going for the 13th July interview?

Let me know!

pianoplayer
Regular
Regular

Post by pianoplayer » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 11:11 pm

if being a sq girl is what you want then you should just keep trying until you get in. you dont have to be jobless while waiting for the next interview! yr one mth notice is fine! i heard sq allows max of 6 mths . :) all the best for july interview if you decide to go! :)
tresorinlove wrote:Hi guys, i'm new here!

I am 23 years old this year and have been working in the corporate world for 2 years. I have left my first full time job in May after two years and I gave the 1 June 2013 SQ interview a shot. I did not even get through the first round :(

Being an SQ girl is my childhood dream and i am pretty much obsessed to be one. Right now i will be starting my new contract role (12 months, 1 month's notice for resignation) with a pretty good company but i still cant stop thinking of being a cabin crew.

What should i do?

It really sucks that my dream company and my dream job are two different things.

Should i start trying to get into SQ from July onwards? Or should i take things slow...Getting in is ultimately one of the things that i am dying for right now.

Let me know!

MkG

Post by MkG » Fri, 28 Jun 2013 1:10 am

What should i do?

Let me know!
I'm actually in pretty similar position, currently working a job I have no longer interest on and thinking to pursue my childhood dream to join SIA. This might sound cliche but still, always listen to your heart. You'll never know what it will tell you until the very last minute. You could be thinking to give up right now but then just took different route straight to Concorde on the d-day. But again, it's just a job. Life has waaay more things to offer!

One point I would like to add, you're in the ideal age to be a cabin crew. If your dream company not point out cut-off age, you can always join them later ;)

As for the last question, If I were an SG national, I'd definitely go. All the best for you!

greensewcs

Post by greensewcs » Sun, 30 Jun 2013 3:41 pm

Can i ask how many off days in a month?

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Mon, 01 Jul 2013 1:32 pm

What should i do?

Let me know!
hey! no worries babe! i'm in the same situation as you. haha totally don't know what i wanna do except this. and don't quit your job until you find another. it's really hard to get a job now. and that other time i went for the interview and was jobless, the interviewer was really really unhappy. he said i didn't plan for my future and was too rash. so don't make the same mistake as me. he didn't even give me a chance to read and answer the situtational passage in the 1 to 1. :'(
and just keep trying out! there's no harm anyway. (:
the sky is the limit. (:

tresorinlove

Post by tresorinlove » Mon, 01 Jul 2013 6:39 pm

RrHi guys, thank you for your replies.
I guess that waiting is the only solution now.

Jaywii, will you be trying again? I am waiting for my dry skin to heal. My facial skin was very dry because of a long trip to UK recently. Let me know if you wanna go again :)

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Tue, 02 Jul 2013 8:49 am

tresorinlove wrote:RrHi guys, thank you for your replies.
I guess that waiting is the only solution now.

Jaywii, will you be trying again? I am waiting for my dry skin to heal. My facial skin was very dry because of a long trip to UK recently. Let me know if you wanna go again :)
yeah! i'll be trying again. hahaha since i'm not working on saturdays anymore, i'll just keep trying. HAHAHA!

hmm. dry skin? spam moisturizer. lol or you can try the bio essence hydra spa energy sleeping mask before you sleep. it's quite moisturizing. i used it for awhile but was too lazy to continue. HAHAHA
the sky is the limit. (:

Unsure2013

Post by Unsure2013 » Tue, 02 Jul 2013 11:30 am

Heya. does any1 knw of any female cabin crew below 158cm? Probably 155-157cm? hw did they manage to pass the height test?

jaywii
Regular
Regular

Post by jaywii » Tue, 02 Jul 2013 11:33 am

Unsure2013 wrote:Heya. does any1 knw of any female cabin crew below 158cm? Probably 155-157cm? hw did they manage to pass the height test?
hi, i believe as long as you can reach the "lines" they ask you to reach for, you should be able to pass. there will be a height test after you get pass the 1st round.
the sky is the limit. (: