Singapore Expats

Job opportunities for a network engineer in Singapore?

Discuss about getting a well paid job or career advancement. Ask about salaries, expat packages, CPF & taxes for expatriate.
aman82

Job opportunities for a network engineer in Singapore?

Post by aman82 » Fri, 28 Jun 2013 8:57 pm

Hello All,

Iam a B.E(Telecommunication) with 8years of experience in service provider/IT industry with CCIE service provider lab certified from India trying to find a job in singapore from past few months by appling on online jobsites and recruitment agencies .Till now have not received any call on the same.

In the next 2 months iam planning to be there in singapore for few months on tourist visa and will try to search for a job ..

To make my job hunt a success one any suggestions is always welcome
Need members valuable advice for getting a job in Singapore.

Thanks in advance

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 28 Jun 2013 9:21 pm

Do you have any contacts here? I would imagine, yes. Somebody must be helping you out here. There is no way you are going to come here on a tourist visa on your own to an unknown place.

Try to get in touch with recruiters in linked in. Connect with them and if and when they post job ads contact them and tell them you will come to Singapore on your own to attend the interview.

aman82

Post by aman82 » Fri, 28 Jun 2013 9:58 pm

Hello Wd40,

You are right Ive got a contact over there. But iam still trying to understand few things.

In singapore is it legal for tourists to search for jobs?
I enquired with few recruitment agencies and as per them they cannot do anything if i dont have employment pass.
Ive also seen some fairs mentioning foreign professionals with employment pass are entertained.

Based on the above inputs the confusion is foreigners get their employment pass from the company they are offered to work for and its not the other way around.

Even if I land there on a tourist pass apart from linkedin contacts is there any thing iam missing .

Thanks for your Time and patience.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Fri, 28 Jun 2013 11:57 pm

Its fine to come here on a tourist pass and look for jobs. Its not illegal.

Employment pass is sponsored by the company and it is linked to the company. First the company must offer you a job and then they must apply for an Employment pass(EP) on your behalf with the Ministry of Manpower(MoM).

So it is a 2 step process. Getting job is the first part and then MoM granting the EP is the 2nd part.

It is comparatively easier to get a job interview while you are in Singapore, than searching from abroad. But I am not sure how good the networking job market is. So if you dont mind talking a chance, you can come here and approach recruiters or approach recruiters from your country and tell them you will come here for interview.

aman82

Post by aman82 » Sat, 29 Jun 2013 1:23 am

Hello Wd40,

Thanks for your valuable inputs.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Sat, 29 Jun 2013 3:06 am

You would probably have a better chance of getting a job in Kuala Lumpur. That's where all the service providers are moving and that's where many MNC's are relocating their tech services headquarters.

aman82

Post by aman82 » Sun, 30 Jun 2013 12:42 am

Hello Strong Eagle,

Ive already applied to some positions in Kuala Lumpur
and there is no response from them also.

Thanks once Again

Thank you