Singapore Expats

Tourist visa

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
singapore86

Tourist visa

Post by singapore86 » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 5:39 pm

Do I need to have a return flight booked when coming in on a tourist visa What if I'm going for an "interview" with the intention of getting the EP and staying long term? My ex boss over there said I might have to come on a tourist visa and then get the EP whilst there, etc. As I don't work directly for the company anymore in London, it seems a bit complicated for them just to give me a signed contract in terms of company politics etc. So if I come on a tourist visa without a return flight, would the authorities have concerns or do I just tell them the situation?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 5:58 pm

Unless you have an IPA (In principle approval) from the MOM here, then you will not be allowed to board the plane in the UK when you try to check in. Therefore you will need to have a return ticket unless you find a job before coming to Singapore and the new employer has already applied for and gotten the IPA. With IPA in hand, you only need a one-way ticket. Yeah, you will have to burn some coins, but if you want the opportunity, there is opportunity costs to consider.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

singapore86

Post by singapore86 » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 6:06 pm

Thanks very much sundaymorningstaple.

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Post by katbh » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 9:17 pm

You can get a $20 fair on Airasia to somewhere if you are sure you are going to stay