Singapore Expats

Julia's OUT, Rudd is IN.

Discuss about any latest news or current affairs in Singapore or globally. Please DO NOT copy and paste news articles from other sources without written permission.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Julia's OUT, Rudd is IN.

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 5:52 pm

Any Aussies still here with an opinion? :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Opinionated

Post by The Ref » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 8:07 pm

There are a lot of Aussies here with opinions, but maybe not willing to share on a public site.

Anyway to kick off:
I think it is a farce and a bit embarrassing as a Nation. Australian politics are at an all time low. We need an election to clear out a lot of people from both major parties and some of the minor ones, but the same type of people will still be there.

The ALP think changing leaders will save them from the wipeout that was expected. In some ways that wipeout may have helped Aussie politics by setting a higher expectation of politics or of a new party emerging.

The Ref
Chatter
Chatter

Other points

Post by The Ref » Thu, 27 Jun 2013 8:15 pm

Aussies are also very sick of this leadership battle being dragged on for so many months (or 3 years).

Now it has finally happened there are far more important things to worry about:

1. Can the Wallabies beat the lions
2. Was the Horwill judiciary decisioned only overturned due to a bunch of whinging poms
3. Should the Wallabies bring back Quade Cooper
4. Can the Queenslanders smash the Cockroaches and make it 8 in a row
5. Will Australia win the Ashes
6. How to wind up as many people as possible with one post to Singapore Expats :twisted:

Chantikki
Regular
Regular

Post by Chantikki » Fri, 28 Jun 2013 12:52 am

I'm Aussie, the current crop of pollies seem so lame I just don't follow it much any more.
I do follow K Rudd on twitter, mostly to marvel at the PR genius. He is a character for sure.

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Fri, 28 Jun 2013 1:07 am

I really want to see the Mad Monk in power - if only for the shits and giggles.

AndrewV
Chatter
Chatter

Re: Other points

Post by AndrewV » Fri, 28 Jun 2013 10:46 am

The Ref wrote:Aussies are also very sick of this leadership battle being dragged on for so many months (or 3 years).

Now it has finally happened there are far more important things to worry about:

1. Can the Wallabies beat the lions
I don't think so. Gatland has picked a stronger squad overall. and while the wallabies continue to stick with James O'Connor, a lot will depend on how well lea'liifano / Genia controls the game. Also Israel Folau is a freak so the game can change in a blink of an eye

2. Was the Horwill judiciary decisioned only overturned due to a bunch of whinging poms
Disagree, if you watch the video, horwill definitely stamped on alun wyn jones, i was surprised the ARU let him off, the "off balance" arguent was crap

3. Should the Wallabies bring back Quade Cooper
Should, could, lot of "ifs", but deans is sticking to his plans, nothing will bring quade back (unless like 5 backs get injured this week)

4. Can the Queenslanders smash the Cockroaches and make it 8 in a row
I hope not, personally a NSW supporter

5. Will Australia win the Ashes
don't watch cricket anymore

6. How to wind up as many people as possible with one post to Singapore Expats :twisted:
:lol:
yes, definitely the most important questions relating to OZ