Singapore Expats

New in town

New here? Don't be shy. Introduce yourself here and expand your social network!
Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

New in town

Post by Stevie_W » Wed, 29 May 2013 10:44 pm

Hi all

Well, i'm a Chinese, from England, living in Switzerland and soon to be working in Singapore.
I'll be arriving in Singapore on 3rd June, but even before leaving Switzerland i'm feeling somewhat lost already. I'm hoping i'll be able to meet some new people to hang out with and do stuff; stuff...usually open to suggestions :)
So, if your new like me and fancy exploring the place together, or if your a Singapore veteran that's happy to take us under your wings and show us the ropes, then let me know.

Cheers

Stevie

vonnievon

Hi Stevie

Post by vonnievon » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 10:08 pm

Are you here in Singapore yet?
I'm Singaporean but have lived overseas for the past 17+ years. Have been in London for 10 years before relocating back to Singapore with my husband.
Things have changed a lot since and so I find myself rediscovering Singapore.
Will be lovely to explore new places. Maybe food and drinks to begin with?

Genyapcy

Post by Genyapcy » Wed, 26 Jun 2013 1:57 pm

Hi Stevie,

Hope Singapore is treating you well. I'm a Singapore veteran who has lived in New Zealand for 3 years. Will be happy to show you around:)

U can hit me up at [email protected].

Cheers!
Gen

ann d

Post by ann d » Wed, 26 Jun 2013 7:00 pm

Hi
hope singapore been treating you well.
when i was seconded overseas i remember hanging out at coffee joints and just going to places that i love and enjoy such as art galleries and events and from there naturally people will start chatting and meeting up.

are you more into adventure or events? or what do you enjoy doing?

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Wed, 26 Jun 2013 8:15 pm

Hi Ann
Since arriving i havent really been done much. Just head down to boat quay in the evening after work for a drink, simply because i usually finish late and by that time i don't think it's worth trying to plan much. And at weekends i've been busy looking for apartments. But, apartments all sorted now, so free time on my hands.
I'm actually heading out to KL this w/e to see a friend. But after that, one thing i'll be looking to do is taking up swimming lessons again.
Not really sure what i like to do. I've kinda gotten lazy over the years, but i've decided that i need to get some form of fitness back and whatever form that takes has yet to be decided.
I do like diving, but a bit expensive if you don't have your own equipment. Actually, it's still expensive if you do :) So this is going to be more of an occasional thing for me.
But generally, i'm open to suggestions, and if i end up doing something that i find i don't like, i will bitch and moan alot, but on the other hand i will see it through :)
Drop me a message if you want to suggest something to do.
Stevie