Singapore Expats

Any chances for PR?

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
denny2683

Any chances for PR?

Post by denny2683 » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 3:17 pm

Dear experts,
I'm planning to apply the PR on this few months and would like to seek your a piece of advice on this. Actually I already applied 2 times within last 4 years and got rejected. How does u think about my chances? I should apply again or not? I’m known that my profile wasn’t good enough but I just want to try my luck again. May be my last try to apply the SPR. My profile as below;
I’m 31 years old, Myanmar, bachelor from Myanmar, holding P2, salary 6K+/mth, currently working as Senior QS in construction company (SME), more than 6years in Singapore and already paid tax 5times.
My wife 31 years old, Myanmar, bachelor from Myanmar, holding Spass, salary 2.2K/mth, currently working as accountant in construction company (SME), more than 6 years in Singapore and already paid tax 3 times.
We married last 2.5 years ago but still no child.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Re: Any chances for PR?

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 4:05 pm

denny2683 wrote:Dear experts,
I'm planning to apply the PR on this few months and would like to seek your a piece of advice on this. Actually I already applied 2 times within last 4 years and got rejected. How does u think about my chances? I should apply again or not? I’m known that my profile wasn’t good enough but I just want to try my luck again. May be my last try to apply the SPR. My profile as below;
I’m 31 years old, Myanmar, bachelor from Myanmar, holding P2, salary 6K+/mth, currently working as Senior QS in construction company (SME), more than 6years in Singapore and already paid tax 5times.
My wife 31 years old, Myanmar, bachelor from Myanmar, holding Spass, salary 2.2K/mth, currently working as accountant in construction company (SME), more than 6 years in Singapore and already paid tax 3 times.
We married last 2.5 years ago but still no child.
Hi Denny, welcome to the forum. Some questions that will help us to guide you (as best we can):

1. How long ago was the last rejection?

2. In the last rejection letter, did the ICA suggest that you reapply after a certain amount of time (potentially a good sign), or did the letter just state that you are welcome to remain in Singapore on your current EP (not so good)?

3. Have your circumstances changed significantly since the previous application? For example, salary increase, job title change (promotion), etc.? If not, and if the last rejection was quite recent, there may not be much point in applying again.
Be careful what you wish for

denny2683

Post by denny2683 » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 4:39 pm

First time applied on Jan 2009, holding Spass, single, salary 3.5K/mth, working as a site engineer.
The letter just saying that my application was rejected.

Second time applied on Feb 2011 after married 1 year ago, holding Spass, salary 4.8k/mth, working as QS.
The letter just saying that they're carefully looking my application but rejected and I'm welcome to remain in Singapore on my current EP.

So do u mean my chances is very low???
:(

v4jr4
Reporter
Reporter

Re: Any chances for PR?

Post by v4jr4 » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 5:05 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:2. In the last rejection letter, did the ICA suggest that you reapply after a certain amount of time (potentially a good sign), or did the letter just state that you are welcome to remain in Singapore on your current EP (not so good)?
Well, based on what Mi Amigo put (and from some other threads), your chance is not that good.
"Budget Expat"

denny2683

Post by denny2683 » Fri, 21 Jun 2013 5:13 pm

Thanks for your advices. So I better don't try again to save my time and ICA.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 22 Jun 2013 12:37 pm

denny2683 wrote:Thanks for your advices. So I better don't try again to save my time and ICA.
Well as I'm sure you know, it's impossible to say for certain whether or not another application would be pointless. However, if you search the forum for related threads you'll see that the "welcome to remain in Singapore on your current pass" phrase in the rejection letter is widely seen as a bad sign.

Having said that, more than two years have passed since the last application, you've now been married for longer and your salary has gone up from $4.8k to $6k. So if you wanted to take a gamble you could try to apply again, but I think you'd need to assume a negative outcome (and then be pleasantly surprised if a miracle happened).

Just the relatively modest salary increase on its own would seem unlikely to be enough to swing it for you, so you need to think about whether there are other things that you and your wife can offer to Singapore (that you didn't already put on the table the last time around).

Conclusion - if you really want to make another application, go ahead (not much to lose), but be prepared for the same answer.
Be careful what you wish for

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Sat, 22 Jun 2013 12:48 pm

Have a son and then apply. You'll increase your chances.