Singapore Expats

What happen if singaporean male married her maid in diff

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Jun 2013 3:42 pm

What I can tell you is the OP is a Filipino PR herself (she claims to be) who was offering babysitting in her home on the western end of the island in 2012.

:-k
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Mon, 17 Jun 2013 4:03 pm

ecureilx wrote:then again, I know a rare exception who got in .. though the case is a bit different, per se. She was an FDW, her husband was on EP, got married when he went to HK, and now he is here, again on EP, and wife on DP !!
EP holders don't need MOM's permission.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Mon, 17 Jun 2013 4:08 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:What I can tell you is the OP is a Filipino PR herself (she claims to be) who was offering babysitting in her home on the western end of the island in 2012.

:-k
Your skills are wasted. You should be working for Catch Your Cheating Spouse or perhaps the NSA. :)

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Mon, 17 Jun 2013 4:56 pm

Hey, another nickname for SMS (to go with 'Texas Fisherman') - Mr. Prism. :twisted:
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 17 Jun 2013 5:15 pm

zzm9980 wrote:
ecureilx wrote:then again, I know a rare exception who got in .. though the case is a bit different, per se. She was an FDW, her husband was on EP, got married when he went to HK, and now he is here, again on EP, and wife on DP !!
EP holders don't need MOM's permission.
^This.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Mon, 17 Jun 2013 8:47 pm

A friends former FDW has worked her way up to being the manager of a local fitness centre and she's not quite 30. Some of them are unbelievably motivated to get out of the PI and being a FDW is the first step only.... mind you if she'd not been a FDW for the Western Family that supported her desires (taught her to drive, paid some of her course fees, allowed time off for study and exams etc etc) she'd still some chinkies slave.

My point is I get damn sick of the Sinkies playing the race card against their maids...or claiming they're too stupid to get ahead... and never ever accepting only the chance of birth is what gave the Sinky their headstart and their PI FDW a handicap.

beppi
Manager
Manager

Post by beppi » Mon, 17 Jun 2013 11:35 pm

PNGMK wrote:A friends former FDW has worked her way up to being the manager of a local fitness centre and she's not quite 30. Some of them are unbelievably motivated to get out of the PI and being a FDW is the first step only.... mind you if she'd not been a FDW for the Western Family that supported her desires (taught her to drive, paid some of her course fees, allowed time off for study and exams etc etc) she'd still some chinkies slave.

My point is I get damn sick of the Sinkies playing the race card against their maids...or claiming they're too stupid to get ahead... and never ever accepting only the chance of birth is what gave the Sinky their headstart and their PI FDW a handicap.
Our former neighbour's maid (Philippina) was very obviously much smarter than her employers - a Singaporean medical doctor and his wife!!!

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 8:51 am

I even spied a Tolstoy's War and Peace in my colleague's Filipina FDW's room.

And I can assure you that my colleague and his wife don't even know what a Tsar is, let alone this book.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 9:38 am

PNGMK wrote:A friends former FDW has worked her way up to being the manager of a local fitness centre and she's not quite 30. Some of them are unbelievably motivated to get out of the PI and being a FDW is the first step only.... mind you if she'd not been a FDW for the Western Family that supported her desires (taught her to drive, paid some of her course fees, allowed time off for study and exams etc etc) she'd still some chinkies slave.

Who are you God? Going out to tweek evolution to make it 'fair'?

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 9:41 am

JR8 wrote:

You really a piece of shit stained toilet paper aren't you?

Addadude
Reporter
Reporter
Answers: 1

Post by Addadude » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 9:49 am

Ooh. The next Eagles' Gathering is warming up very nicely!
"Both politicians and nappies need to be changed regularly, and for the same reasons."

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 9:58 am

JR8 wrote:

I don't understand where your hostility towards OSOD on this particular post is coming from. Sure, he has been less than pleasant other times but aside from racial slurs on this post, I think you're calling out on the wrong issue here.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 10:26 am

beppi wrote:Our former neighbour's maid (Philippina) was very obviously much smarter than her employers - a Singaporean medical doctor and his wife!!!
Like this, maybe ?? :D

http://www.mrjam.org/2008/08/maid-to-measure.html

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Tue, 18 Jun 2013 11:57 am

nakatago wrote: I don't understand where your hostility towards OSOD on this particular post is coming from. /color]

He's a trouble-making coot, who's too gay to pin his offshore (12" Intruder) colours to the mast.

Hey Just my Well Meaning 2c.

[geddit]