Singapore Expats

Extension of PEP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Soul

Extension of PEP

Post by Soul » Thu, 13 Jun 2013 3:02 pm

I have been unemployed since 1 Jan 2013 and my PEP expires on 30 June 2013. I am in the final stages of negotiations with a prospective employer and need an extension of my PEP by a month.

Any advice on how best to go about it? My last drawn salary was SGD 100,000.

bgd
Manager
Manager

Post by bgd » Thu, 13 Jun 2013 3:09 pm

PEP can't be extended.

Hit enter too quickly.

Go for a holiday and come back on a 30 or 90 day tourist visa, depending on where you are from.

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Re: Extension of PEP

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 13 Jun 2013 8:10 pm

Soul wrote:I have been unemployed since 1 Jan 2013 and my PEP expires on 30 June 2013. I am in the final stages of negotiations with a prospective employer and need an extension of my PEP by a month.

Any advice on how best to go about it? My last drawn salary was SGD 100,000.
Just curious:
1)Is 30th June the actual expiry date on the PEP card?
or
2)Is it the end of the 6 month unemployment period?

If it is 2) how do you know the exact date of expiry? Did you inform MoM the last date of your previous employment and subsequently MoM tell you that your PEP expires on 30th June or are you assuming that 30th June is the expiry date?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 13 Jun 2013 9:06 pm

I would assume it will expire 5 years from the date of issue or the last day of your employment if over 5 years. Whichever comes first. Of course they may well require you to go on an EP after 5 years, but I don't know one way or the other.

Changes to the system require substitution of 3 years and salary minimums where applicable.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers