Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
snowss
Chatter
Chatter

Post by snowss » Sat, 08 Jun 2013 5:46 pm

pinping wrote:No nome of us need to see the interviewer with kebaya.. Yes they say in front of her she have saggy ass... So bad lor :(

Previously I fail mgt round twice with confident speaking and no mistake on passage.

This time the debate I have no confident and I say very very little like two sentence only...

But I'm glad that my passage was the inflight announcement . My group mate commented say I sound good in reading the announcement :). Although I skip some words I don't know how to read. :p
i think only selected panel's interviewees need to see the mgmt interviewers with the kebaya..wat a luck :-| mine was grp B..
(=^_^=)

xtirchaxawissax

Post by xtirchaxawissax » Sun, 09 Jun 2013 7:58 pm

Anyone start training on July 17 please pm me and give your emails since i don't have enough post yet to pm. Would like to meet few batchies here. :) and also anyone training on July 10th, i also hv few friends starting training on that day! So let me know :)

Cheers!

pinping

Post by pinping » Sun, 09 Jun 2013 8:30 pm

Hi !! Can i know how long your wait before received the confirmation call after the medical checkup ?

And did anyone need any sec checkup ?

Thanks !

crimsonj

June 1 2013 Interviewees

Post by crimsonj » Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:38 am

Hello People!
I went on 01 June 2013, currently waiting for medical results. Anyone from the same batch mind updating if you've received any news be it rejection or acceptance? I'm dead nervous from the wait though it's only been a week.

I had problems with the eye check up because my contacts degree weren't correct and the silliest thing was I declared childhood asthma when I wasn't certain, only to find out from my mom that it was only wheezing which could POTENTIALLY become asthma according to the doc.. but it never was...

Anybody knows if childhood asthma is a no-no? It'll be silly if I get rejected just because of that :(

mbstrip

Re: June 1 2013 Interviewees

Post by mbstrip » Mon, 10 Jun 2013 2:07 am

crimsonj wrote: I had problems with the eye check up because my contacts degree weren't correct and the silliest thing was I declared childhood asthma when I wasn't certain, only to find out from my mom that it was only wheezing which could POTENTIALLY become asthma according to the doc.. but it never was...
So is it allowed to wear contacts during the eye test? :o

pinping

Post by pinping » Mon, 10 Jun 2013 8:37 am

crimsonj wrote:Hello People!
I went on 01 June 2013, currently waiting for medical results. Anyone from the same batch mind updating if you've received any news be it rejection or acceptance? I'm dead nervous from the wait though it's only been a week.

I had problems with the eye check up because my contacts degree weren't correct and the silliest thing was I declared childhood asthma when I wasn't certain, only to find out from my mom that it was only wheezing which could POTENTIALLY become asthma according to the doc.. but it never was...

Anybody knows if childhood asthma is a no-no? It'll be silly if I get rejected just because of that :(

Hi im also from 1 june now waiting for the calls. My eye test i fail badly because i didnt bring my glasses down so i ran back home and test again. The doctor say i must wear contact lens when i work. Will this affect my chance??? Omg so nervous its been a week from the health checkup already :(

crimsonj

Post by crimsonj » Mon, 10 Jun 2013 12:29 pm

pinping wrote:
crimsonj wrote:Hello People!

Hi im also from 1 june now waiting for the calls. My eye test i fail badly because i didnt bring my glasses down so i ran back home and test again. The doctor say i must wear contact lens when i work. Will this affect my chance??? Omg so nervous its been a week from the health checkup already :(

I think its ok as long as your second test pass... my friend had the same problem but she's in training now so don't worry okay? :)

Yup the person didn't say anything about not wearing contacts.. anyway we're supposed to wear them to work so I suppose its fine! I'm literally blind without them anyway! :P

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Tue, 11 Jun 2013 5:09 pm

Any cabin crew looking for room to rent?

HDB common room in Pasir Ris, max 15 min to Changi Airport.
I'm the owner. $550 fully furnished, all inclusive.
Call 9828 6601 for more details. Thanks.

osmmy

Post by osmmy » Thu, 13 Jun 2013 3:00 pm

Anyone from 1 june interview still waiting for their call??

osmmy

Post by osmmy » Thu, 13 Jun 2013 3:02 pm

pinping wrote:Hi !! Can i know how long your wait before received the confirmation call after the medical checkup ?

And did anyone need any sec checkup ?

Thanks !
Hi! Are you still waiting for the call?!

crimsonj

Post by crimsonj » Thu, 13 Jun 2013 6:42 pm

osmmy wrote:Anyone from 1 june interview still waiting for their call??
Yup, still waiting too. No rejection letter either.

osmmy

Post by osmmy » Thu, 13 Jun 2013 6:44 pm

crimsonj wrote:
Same. The wait is killing me!

crimsonj

Post by crimsonj » Thu, 13 Jun 2013 7:24 pm

osmmy wrote:
crimsonj wrote:
I completely understand!

osmmy

Post by osmmy » Thu, 13 Jun 2013 7:31 pm

crimsonj wrote:
osmmy wrote:
crimsonj wrote: Yup, still waiting too. No rejection letter either.
I completely understand!
Do update if you receive any calls ok! :)

veevalavida

Post by veevalavida » Thu, 13 Jun 2013 7:41 pm

Don't worry guys, I guess the average waiting time after your med checkup is around 1.5-3 weeks. Be prepared to wait that long cos I received my golden call only after 3 weeks :)