Singapore Expats

Not using the oven - causes it to break (due to climate)

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 6:13 pm

Yeah, I've had to throw away more than one pair of Dive Fins & numerous old style goggles (pre-silicone ones) and more straps than I can think about because of the crystallizing & gunking all at the same time!
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Search By

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 6:17 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Yeah, I've had to throw away more than one pair of Dive Fins & numerous old style goggles (pre-silicone ones) and more straps than I can think about because of the crystallizing & gunking all at the same time!

SMS and his rubber straps....

[shaking head].... it's not a very pretty picture!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 8:39 pm

:lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 10:43 pm

thanks heavens for talcum powder....

ooh, aah...

:)

p.s. divers will understand what a big douse of powder down in the nut area is like after a long day out.... ;

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 08 Jun 2013 12:07 am

I actually use Prickly Heat powder which is basically mentholated Talcum Powder.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 08 Jun 2013 12:12 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I actually use Prickly Heat powder which is basically mentholated Talcum Powder.
That's waaaay too much information dude. :o
Be careful what you wish for

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Sat, 08 Jun 2013 12:17 pm

nakatago wrote:We used to rent a place where the light switches in the main hall were toggled to also switch the bedroom lights and electrical outlets.

The landlord's agent sent an electrician on the day we were to move in when I already started to fix the whole boondoggle. The un-handyman undid the decoding that I did (I was halfway to fixing it) and made it worse--by somehow making the combination of switches make no sense whatsoever and I was surprised he didn't manage to tie in the plumbing with the switches as well. I had to fix what he undid.
^^^ I don't know why I found this so funny; it must have been very frustrating at the time.

Reminds me of the previous place we rented. The owner had gone completely overboard on light fittings and switches (multiple 5-way switch blocks liberally distributed around the place). I think the lighting control panel for NASA's Mission Control centre would be easier to operate. I don't think we ever quite figured out the function and logic of all the switches by the time we left after 2+ years. I guess he must have heard somewhere that you could increase the rent by having more lights and switches installed. Didn't wash with us though. Worse part was when he insisted on painstakingly testing every single light and switch combination when we left, in case we had subverted his carefully crafted system in some way. It took longer to get through that than the rest of the check-out combined. :roll:
Be careful what you wish for

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 08 Jun 2013 12:39 pm

Mi Amigo wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:I actually use Prickly Heat powder which is basically mentholated Talcum Powder.
That's waaaay too much information dude. :o
What you mean 'down there'? :o

For some reason this reminds me of the usual punishment meted out to errant plebs (juniors who fag (serve as personal odd-jobbers) for seniors at school).

Tie hands behind back with tie, empty half a can of Ralgex or Deep Heat on the nut-bag, put pleb in skid-bin (huge old whicker basket outside Hackers room (the laundry woman) for placing dirty underpants in), and buckle shut. Then push skid-bin into Hackers ancient lift (built of timber, and with a fat rope via which you hand raised/lowered it), and lower half a floor. Leave pleb there to stew for an hour or two.

No one could hear the screams, least of all Hacker who was as deaf as a door-post (with the only exception being if Miss Wright caught you calling her 'Hacker' in which case she would definitely hear you, and you were then moved to her 'bad books'...)

Not many came back for a 2nd installment of that ...

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Sat, 08 Jun 2013 1:03 pm

Oh, well timed. The LL never used the oven and that was the explanation they gave to me to explain why it kept tripping. Apparently if I just keep trying I can force it past the tripping point. Which, if true, is stupid.