Singapore Expats

Best city ever?

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 8:56 am

Girl_Next_Door wrote:One of my coolest trip is going from Patagonia (super cold) to seeing Iguazu falls (hot and humid) within 2 weeks. Both places are extremely remote with no shopping at all and you are really exposed to true nature. Of course, it doesn't hurt to have the trip ending in Rio, sipping caipirinha on the beach.
More than just a single city, but I agree this trip sounds awesome. I would put this trip on my top 3 'to-do' dream trips.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 9:56 am

Divine but how would you pack for that?

I try not to import food at all, gotta live where you live.

Girl_Next_Door
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Girl_Next_Door » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 10:33 am

Iguazu & Rio are easy, just whatever I wear in Singapore, i.e. shorts, singlet & flip flops. We didn't trek but flip flop works. The path is a bit slippery so trekking shoes works as well. Expect to get wet.

Patagonia is tricky but standard winter clothes works. The same trekking shoes can be used to climb the ice mountain as they provides the thongs to walk on ice. The trek on the ice mountain ends with a glass of whiskey while you enjoy the view.

Food is easy, you just eat what they serve. There ain't much options or restuarants around.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 10:38 am

Hannieroo wrote:Divine but how would you pack for that?

I try not to import food at all, gotta live where you live.
Oh aye, so you don't buy or eat any 'western' food then. Congee for brekko issit? ;)

I'd love to visit Patagonia. Rio... nice airport, but it has about as little appeal as Dubai (for me).... in fact they present themselves in my mind as rather similar places.