Singapore Expats

[need afvice] can i enter sg again after being refused?

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
justordinary

[need afvice] can i enter sg again after being refused?

Post by justordinary » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 2:13 pm

hello there..

i'm from indonesia, male, chinese, need your advice

about 2 years ago, 2011, around august, i've been rejected from entering singapore, for the reason too frequent for visiting sg, they said i spent my time in sg longer more than indonesia in 1 year period. my reason spent my time longer in sg is because i have family there (but now all my fams already coming back to indonesia), but i've never overstayed in my visiting period, i mean i never stay longer than 30 days, just only 10 - 15 days, and comeback to my country and about a week, i coming back to sg, etc...

and the story goes.. i've been deported back to indonesia..

one thing i thought.. how long is my banned period? why they didn't tell me? there's no chop or something in my passport, but they do scan my fingerprints (or save my fingerprints i think), i'm afraid if i enter again they will refuse again..

so i need your advice, maybe any of you hv a foreigner friends, and face a same case with me? do they success to enter sg again?

because this time i want to enter sg just for holiday, no more than one week, only 4 days, oh yeah, and my passport number also changed (i've renewal my passport)

if my case like that (too frequent and spent too much), how long is my banned period?

do the ban lifting automatically after several years?

thank you

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 2:20 pm

I will just comment on two things, and leave it to others to elaborate on the legal stuff:
- Even though you never overstayed, the maximum period of stay in a 12-month period in Singapore on a tourist visa (as in many other countries) is 6 months. I.e., once your cumulative stay is 6 months or more, you will be denied entry.
- They definitely have your info, and will be aware that Indonesian passport numbers change. So my bet is they will recognize you at the border.

I doubt the ban will be for long, in such case. You could always contact ICA for further information, and explain that you understand what you did wrong, and from now on, you will only come to Singapore for short term occasionally.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 6:03 pm

Not sure about now, and squirrel may know more here as his people do it all the time, but they used to mark the exit chop with the number of months ban or something to that effect.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 6:25 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Not sure about now, and squirrel may know more here as his people do it all the time, but they used to mark the exit chop with the number of months ban or something to that effect.
Squirrel's theory was that those with a "W" exit stamp were banned, as he had seen numerous people with it get refused on their next entry. "W" just means they exited through Woodlands, which coincidently is probably where most of the third world visitors exit when trying to get another 30 days quickly.

justordinary

Post by justordinary » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 12:36 pm

thanks all for the reply,

btw.. who is squirrel? how can i contact him/her? do her/his people always succesfull go back to sg?

and that's a case with W chop in the passport, in my case there's no chop in my passport, that's make me confuse for how long i cannot go back to sg...

and how about permanent ban? there's a chop or something?

thanks

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 3:10 pm

zzm9980 wrote: ....
Some of those who got W arrived through Changi

Anyway, understood that stamping business is not done anymore since they started finger printing those who are refused entry .. no more stamps .. so .. no go ..

And since I extricated myself from similiar volunteer work, not been in the know too ..

If you want to come back, best bet, fill up Form 14, and do the needful to clear the visa in advance ..

SMS: My people ? :eek: :eek: ... that's a bit naughty there ..

iloverice
Regular
Regular

Post by iloverice » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 4:20 pm

justordinary wrote:thanks all for the reply,

btw.. who is squirrel? how can i contact him/her? do her/his people always succesfull go back to sg?

and that's a case with W chop in the passport, in my case there's no chop in my passport, that's make me confuse for how long i cannot go back to sg...

and how about permanent ban? there's a chop or something?

thanks
From what I see every time I return to SG from Batam, the Indonesian will try their "luck" by changing their passport (of course with new name and new details) or after certain period of time, but somehow, ICA able to detect it.

Once I on the same ferry with this guy who denied entry by the ICA, apparently because he tried his "luck" with some various ways, and all of us on that ferry only can guess what was his offence before since he never told us anything other than he has been denied to enter SG and he already start "new" when he stepped into the immigration. :D

You could always call ICA and check with them directly, it will be better than guessing and posting your question with slight different version on all forum.

justordinary

Post by justordinary » Wed, 12 Jun 2013 1:43 am

thanks for the reply

do i need the to fill up form 14? isn't it for outside SE tourist..?

and my last question, prohibited and refusal entry, this is same or different? D/E card just have question about prohibited, but form 14 have 2 question, one about prohibited, and one about refusal entry.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 12 Jun 2013 8:12 am

justordinary wrote:thanks for the reply

do i need the to fill up form 14? isn't it for outside SE tourist..?

and my last question, prohibited and refusal entry, this is same or different? D/E card just have question about prohibited, but form 14 have 2 question, one about prohibited, and one about refusal entry.
if you are asking me, for the first question, what do you mean outside SE ?? ASEAN Member state previleges apply only until you get refused or denied entry.

if you have a denied or refused entry, fill and submit Form 14 and pray.

For the second, I don't know .. is there any hidden words there ? Denied - U turn, prohibited: they will tell you don't come back and also stamp on your passport (I think .. never seen any of that though .. )