Singapore Expats

SPR Renewal/Sponsor

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
postadd

SPR Renewal/Sponsor

Post by postadd » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 5:05 pm

Hi all,
I got SPR sponsored by Singapore citizen and I already renewed for five years. My next renewal will be in November 2014.
Meanwhile I got divorced 2 years before and I married to another man who holding SPass.
I continuously working in Singapore from 2005-present but my salary is less than S$3000.
I have no kids.
1.Am I eligible to renew my PR?
2.May I be sponsor for my new husband?

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 6:08 pm

Good question. I'd would guess not as you were given PR based on Family Ties and those ties have been dissolved.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 06 Jun 2013 9:15 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Good question. I'd would guess not as you were given PR based on Family Ties and those ties have been dissolved.
Let us know the outcome. This scenario is sadly becoming common.

postadd

Post by postadd » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 2:14 pm

Hi sundaymorningstaple

Can you please explain more in detail please.

Thank you so much.

Mi Amigo
Manager
Manager

Post by Mi Amigo » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 3:15 pm

postadd wrote:Hi sundaymorningstaple

Can you please explain more in detail please.

Thank you so much.
Well I'm not SMS, but this is how I see it: You were married to a SC and by virtue of those family ties you obtained PR. Now you are not married to a SC and therefore do not have those family ties any more.

As you are working then perhaps you could apply for REP renewal on the basis of your own employment history when the time comes? Or alternatively an EP (S Pass) application by your employer might be worth a try?

Failing that, as your current husband has a S Pass, there is a possibility (note that word) that you could be granted a DP (if he is earning more than $4,000 and other factors are favourable).
Be careful what you wish for

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 6:06 pm

Yep.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Mad Scientist
Director
Director
Answers: 4

Post by Mad Scientist » Sat, 08 Jun 2013 7:20 pm

I tend to differ on this based on OP unfortunate circumstances.

First and foremost OP marriage is not marriage of convenience due to the fact OP already had REP renewed once which mean married for more than 5 years.

Secondly OP is working and able to support herself

Thirdly PR applied under Family Ties which requires a sponsor i.e a Sger but her PRship is going on the 2nd renewal although her marriage has broke down after her first REP

I think this mitigating circumstances might be enough for her to get the 2nd renewal.
I think OP should see the CAB at ICA and discuss this with the ICA officer
If she pays her tax , lives all her life here , it is enough to convince ICA officer. This is my 2cents
The positive thinker sees the invisible, feels the intangible, and achieves the impossible.Yahoo !!!

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 08 Jun 2013 11:25 pm

postadd, if you get a chance, would you mind letting us know how it all turns out? This may well help somebody else in the future. It's also how we build our repository of knowledge here on this board.

Thanks, appreciate it and good luck to you.

postadd

Post by postadd » Sun, 09 Jun 2013 5:25 pm

Hi SMS,
Yes, sure.

Thank you every one for the comments.