Singapore Expats

In a perfect world...

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
bgd
Manager
Manager

In a perfect world...

Post by bgd » Mon, 03 Jun 2013 3:12 pm

School holidays have started because the traffic at 7am this morning was like a Sunday.

Imagine if children could only walk, cycle or catch public transport to get to school. Less traffic, fewer fat kids, less cars so lower personal debt and so on.

Like the old days I guess.

Dreaming I know, but what if….

Daxiuyi

Post by Daxiuyi » Mon, 03 Jun 2013 3:21 pm

Bad: I got woken up at 8am on Sunday morning :shock: from a voice over the loudspeaker at Toa Payoh Stadium booming 'ARE YOOOOOOOOOU READDDDDDDDDDDDY?' in preparation for some sort of school holiday sports day event...

Good: Got a seat on MRT at 7.30am today :lol:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Mon, 03 Jun 2013 3:45 pm

So it's pretty obvious who is responsible for the massive traffic congestion and slow movement now. SOCCER MOMS IN THEIR SUV/MPVS! Same problem the world over.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Mon, 03 Jun 2013 4:29 pm

Hey, my kids are still in school. I'm still dragging my Boden clad ass out every morning with my fat kids.

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Mon, 03 Jun 2013 4:50 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:So it's pretty obvious who is responsible for the massive traffic congestion and slow movement now. SOCCER MOMS IN THEIR SUV/MPVS! Same problem the world over.
I hated the mornings in my university when I still lived nearby when I started working. The high and primary schools were in the same campus and all the chauffeured little brats would congest all roads!
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."