Singapore Expats

Help!can anyone help me ? student pass rejected. helplessT_T

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Pinyu

Help!can anyone help me ? student pass rejected. helplessT_T

Post by Pinyu » Thu, 30 May 2013 12:15 pm

I am chinese,applied SIM at april ,and i got the offer from school,then i submit all my documents to school to apply the student pass. just 2 days ago,i got an email said that my student pass has been rejected. is it because i held WP before? is there any chance for me to appeal approve???? i am really want to study in singapore. why ICA reject me just because that i got WP before? is there any succesful appeal case ????

your help will be appreciate~!

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 May 2013 12:46 pm

Did you apply while you had your WP?

If no, did you leave Singapore after losing your WP or did you apply for student Pass right after losing your WP?

If it's the latter, then ICA figures you are probably just applying for school in order to stay in Singapore. They are probably right as well.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Pinyu

Post by Pinyu » Thu, 30 May 2013 12:54 pm

i was canceled my wp in Jan , then i took a course in china for the IELTS exam.after i meet the score,then i go and apply sim by april.
school ask me to prepare a appeal letter,and i am already prepared. but still very worry about it.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 May 2013 1:01 pm

Well, obviously it's not because of my last thought, so maybe an appeal will work. Good Luck.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Thu, 30 May 2013 3:57 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Well, obviously it's not because of my last thought, so maybe an appeal will work. Good Luck.
It is. Only difference, she didn't do it right away. She needs to pass IELTS and wait for the semester to start, doesnt she? :)

To the OP, if the course you are applying has absolutely no relevance to your previous study or experience, it may well look like what SMS mentioned earlier, especially if the course is not a proper Bachelors/Master degree. They may well be tightening the student passes as well, like the other passes.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 30 May 2013 4:12 pm

WD, those were my thoughts as well but I just didn't want to say it. :-|

Pinyu

Post by Pinyu » Thu, 30 May 2013 4:24 pm

Wd40 wrote:
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Well, obviously it's not because of my last thought, so maybe an appeal will work. Good Luck.
It is. Only difference, she didn't do it right away. She needs to pass IELTS and wait for the semester to start, doesnt she? :)

To the OP, if the course you are applying has absolutely no relevance to your previous study or experience, it may well look like what SMS mentioned earlier, especially if the course is not a proper Bachelors/Master degree. They may well be tightening the student passes as well, like the other passes.

I have already submitted my appeal letter.anyway,what i can do for now is wait for the result. i think there is no other choice ya?

heathclifftan

Post by heathclifftan » Fri, 31 May 2013 5:59 pm

What course did you apply to?

Also, I thought ICA won't issue student pass till one month before the start of the course? :???: