Singapore Expats

PR application frustration - pending for 7 + months

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Tue, 26 Mar 2013 6:22 am

vishalgupta2 wrote:
lolipop99 wrote:Why are North Indians better than South Indians? I am puzzled! Are cultural differences, accents or even skin colors used to determine who are superior? It doesn't make sense to say Hindi is better than Tamil or vice versa.
I was born in India, and today is the first time I am seeing, North/South India in this way.

I don't think North Indians are any better than South Indians. Infact, given the way North Indian cities and states are becoming crime hubs (Delhi, UP, Bihar etc) I may want to think otherwise.

I was born in North India (Delhi) and lived in many places in India, Including Bangalore. If I was ever to go back to India, I will hate to live in North India, my preferred destination will be Bangalore.
The North Indians (Punjabs specifically) were the original policemen of Singapore....
Now I'm called PNGMK

rajagainstthemachine
Manager
Manager

Post by rajagainstthemachine » Tue, 26 Mar 2013 9:28 am

vishalgupta2 wrote:
lolipop99 wrote:Why are North Indians better than South Indians? I am puzzled! Are cultural differences, accents or even skin colors used to determine who are superior? It doesn't make sense to say Hindi is better than Tamil or vice versa.
I was born in India, and today is the first time I am seeing, North/South India in this way.

I don't think North Indians are any better than South Indians. Infact, given the way North Indian cities and states are becoming crime hubs (Delhi, UP, Bihar etc) I may want to think otherwise.

I was born in North India (Delhi) and lived in many places in India, Including Bangalore. If I was ever to go back to India, I will hate to live in North India, my preferred destination will be Bangalore.
welcome to Bengaluru, If you do intended to stay there I suggest you might want to learn Kannada a bit, unlike the the half a zillion north Indians who migrate to Bangalore and refuse to learn the local language and expect the locals to speak in Hindi.
To get there early is on time and showing up on time is late

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Post by vishalgupta2 » Tue, 26 Mar 2013 10:08 pm

rajagainstthemachine wrote:
vishalgupta2 wrote:

welcome to Bengaluru, If you do intended to stay there I suggest you might want to learn Kannada a bit, unlike the the half a zillion north Indians who migrate to Bangalore and refuse to learn the local language and expect the locals to speak in Hindi.
I can speak some kannada. Not fluent, but can go bargain. I made that a point the day I stepped in Bangalore for the first time.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Wed, 27 Mar 2013 9:33 am

offshoreoildude wrote: The North Indians (Punjabs specifically) were the original policemen of Singapore....
Technically .. Punjabis are a 'class apart' - not in a racial way, but in a "fun" way .. and they have their own identity and style and man .. they know how to down the whiskey, but .. let's not go there .. :D :D

Recently, in the Chingay Parade, there was a contingent from Narpani !!! and an 'expat' sitting next to me asked me why there is no other "INDIAN" contingent .. I didn't want to tell him that he is making it like other indians are marginalised etc .. and having been here for a while, I know enough non-Tmail/south Indians having their own 'clan' associations and all and they are pretty happy .. and what got into this "expat" .. I let the guy keep wondering ..

Westfield

Re: PR application frustration - pending for 7 + months

Post by Westfield » Thu, 28 Mar 2013 8:54 pm

ash2.3k wrote:My PR application has been pending for 7 months

About me

Race : North Indian
Profession: IT Sales in one of top American MNC
P1 EP have been staying in Singapore for close to 6+ years, (earlier 4 years on P2)
Education : Masters for one of reputed Indian Colleges + many professional certifications.

Spouse:

Race : North Indian
Profession : IT Sales \ Consulting in reputed MNC
P2 EP Staying in Singapore for 2.5 years , Masters from NUS

Married for 2.5 years

Combined salary is aprox 190-200k pa , 6 IT returns filed for self , 2 IT returns filed for spouse

the wait can be killing at times .. except for race other factors seem to be in my favor
Join the waiting endlessly club my friend. Singapore PR applications - uniting the races more effectively than anything else.....

drumbeaterz

Post by drumbeaterz » Tue, 02 Apr 2013 6:47 pm

There are cultural differences but as long as one uses common sense he will see beyond that and stay sane. I am a South Indian born in North India married in South Indian style to a North Indian :lol: Studied college in West of India and further studies in the country that ruled India for many many years....Is that diverse enough..I think so..

As far as OP PR query is concerned, I have been in SG for almost 3 years. After 1 year of waiting after submitting the application, I and my wife got the approval letter. Have our appointment in 2 weeks to complete the formalities.

I understand that it is a painstaking process, but there is a reason for it. If ICA starts giving PR status to every applicant all their plans of having a balanced country goes for a toss. Also the fact that the world is getting insane by the minute, they need to ensure all the background checks / due diligence is done before approving the application.

Have patience...assuming you submitted the right/complete documents, you will get a response, sooner or later....

Cheers...
:) :) :wink:

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Tue, 02 Apr 2013 8:39 pm

Thanks Drumbeatz for coming and sharing your experience.
So that further validates the fact that Indians are still getting PRs after waiting for 9 months+

ash2.3k

Post by ash2.3k » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 3:19 pm

@drumbeaterz

if possible could you share a little more demographics of your case .. what I mean is .. ep.. background .. work profile .. ? its just to understand how system works .. thanks :)
~~~~~~~~~~~
ash2.3k

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 5:02 pm

Here we go again..... :roll:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

akrapovic

Post by akrapovic » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 5:18 pm

ash2.3k wrote:@drumbeaterz

if possible could you share a little more demographics of your case .. what I mean is .. ep.. background .. work profile .. ? its just to understand how system works .. thanks :)
If anyone(Except those working in ICA) can figure out how the system works then you will probably see all the "PR Application Successful" ÃÂ

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 9:35 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:Here we go again..... :roll:
:D

BTW, a friend of mine, from PH, got his PR after a 10 month processing period !!!

Not gonna share his 'demographics' anyway .. :D

drumbeaterz

Post by drumbeaterz » Wed, 10 Apr 2013 1:44 am

ash2.3k wrote:@drumbeaterz

I can post the details but I doubt there is a mathematical probability algorithm that can determine someone's chances of getting a PR Approval..

Indian Origin.
Arrived in Singapore in 2010 on P2 EP.
6 months in I got married. Spouse came on DP.
2011 I moved to P1 EP.
Applied for PR in March 2012 - Approved March 2013
Work in a financial org. in Technology...
Spouse works in the Shipping industry...

And trust me.no one knows how the system works....But do the basics right and that will improve your chances.
There are a lot of opinions in the forum but none will guarantee that all that applies to everyone...I did not tick all the boxes of an ideal PR applicant...yet the approval came through...

Make sure your have all the documents required as listed in the form.
Fill the form accurately.
If your employment status changes or your spouse' employment status changes, do notify ICA asap. I did the same when my spouse got a job.
Notify change of address on time.

ash2.3k

PR approved late Apr end

Post by ash2.3k » Tue, 28 May 2013 4:22 pm

an update got my PR approved .. at Apr end ..picked up IC yesterday afternoon
~~~~~~~~~~~
ash2.3k

shutterbug

Post by shutterbug » Wed, 29 May 2013 9:08 pm

Congrats!

mystic_river
Chatter