Singapore Expats

PR Approved

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Blackcat88

PR Approved

Post by Blackcat88 » Tue, 28 May 2013 1:56 pm

Just FYI purpose.

EP P2, Malaysian Chinese female, 41 yrs old, single, with a Degree in Food Tech, work for a Singapore Food Manufacturing Company.

Worked in SG 1 year, I applied after my IRAS filing in March 2013. Approved today. :D

I believe they look at the qualification and industry you work in.

Good luck to the rest of applicants.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Tue, 28 May 2013 2:16 pm

In your case I'd have to agree, ethnicity is right as far as assimilation is concerned and to bump up the demographics, but as provider of future stock, it obviously didn't factor in too much. It's why we keep saying there is no real way of knowing how & why the point spread is made and how much/less of a score in one area will impact the weightage in another area. We do know tht industry does play a part but how much is the big question. In any case, congratulations.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 28 May 2013 3:51 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:In your case I'd have to agree, ethnicity is right as far as assimilation is concerned and to bump up the demographics, but as provider of future stock, it obviously didn't factor in too much. It's why we keep saying there is no real way of knowing how & why the point spread is made and how much/less of a score in one area will impact the weightage in another area. We do know tht industry does play a part but how much is the big question. In any case, congratulations.
I maybe wrong .. but .. I would say "PERCEIVED ASSIMILATION" !!!!!

It is a myth that all those from up north integrate very well, oh, well, from my own experience, I know a vast majority do, but a fair minority have their own thoughts on the integration part ..

I maybe wrong again, as I haven't met 'em all from up-north :) Or down south .... (or south east ?? )

PS: a learned colleague mentioned that if the 'assimiliated' crowd includes the types who protested in Merlion Park despite being warned not to .. :P :P

BTW, after the second protest, I happened to pass by the Fountain near the War Memorial .. and guess what I saw ..

And what was more comical was ..

the bottles were labelled as ..

teck21
Chatter
Chatter

Post by teck21 » Wed, 29 May 2013 10:45 am

This kind of behaviour indicates excellent integration.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 29 May 2013 11:14 am

Spot on teck21! :lol:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers