Singapore Expats

Job prospects for spouse on DP

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
Johnlfg

Job prospects for spouse on DP

Post by Johnlfg » Sat, 25 May 2013 8:11 pm

Hi,

Apologies if this has already been asked - I did search but couldn't find a full answer...

I have a job interview lined up in a couple of weeks for a job in Singapore, and am currently investigating the feasibility of moving if I am offered the job. As part of this, I've been looking at possible jobs for my wife on some of the Singapore job websites. I've noticed that a lot of jobs seem to say "Singaporeans or Singapore PR's only". Does anyone know how difficult it is to find a job on a DP?

As a bit of background, my wife is 31 years old and has a background in retail, admin and reception work. She would be happy to consider most types of work, and isn't looking for a huge salary (most jobs we have looked at that might interest her are in the $1.5-$3k salary range). I was just wondering if anyone had any similar experience and could give us an idea of how difficult it is likely to be to find a job on a DP...

x9200

Post by x9200 » Sat, 25 May 2013 8:40 pm