Singapore Expats

Need advice??

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 May 2013 8:16 pm

I don't know how to "spot" becoming a bitter old man and that's two questions! :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

PNGMK
Answers: 10

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 23 May 2013 8:28 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I don't know how to "spot" becoming a bitter old man and that's two questions! :P
Can you invite Faidal to the next ENG to give the keynote speech please? Pretty please....

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Thu, 23 May 2013 8:43 pm

Wow. Three pages of wow.

Fadhli

Post by Fadhli » Thu, 23 May 2013 8:55 pm

PNGMK wrote:
yogaloungeforever wrote:This forum needs more people in the likes of fadhli. am tired of reading posts by people asking how much more sing dollars they can squeeze when they are already earning that much back in their country. just don't understand why would people want to come to singapore if they are already earning a lot back in their country. unless they just want to become a PR. which i think is the case.

fadhli your posts are cool!
Fadhi,

I have a question....

1. how do I spot from becoming a bitter old man who shouts at children?
2. how do I determine my true path in life?

1.by their face,eyes and the tone of the voice:)but if they are just like me I guess you cnt really spot it until you get to know that person
2.well I always determine my path by my attitude,there are thing that u can tell abt urself like kindness, if u too kind to people chance of getting it throw back in your face is high:).u will tend to get depress and stuff.fyi there is no true path in life,for example for me today I'm nice person,tomorrow I'm an idiot,the next day I'm a quite guy sees what I can say is if your wall are hard you will always move in straight path no matter what's comes:)and that's me now.
I love to travel with new ,friendly people out there

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 23 May 2013 8:57 pm

Brah wrote:Wow. Three pages of wow.

Pic didn't post.
Never mind

PNGMK

Post by PNGMK » Thu, 23 May 2013 9:38 pm

Fadhli wrote:
PNGMK wrote:
yogaloungeforever wrote:This forum needs more people in the likes of fadhli. am tired of reading posts by people asking how much more sing dollars they can squeeze when they are already earning that much back in their country. just don't understand why would people want to come to singapore if they are already earning a lot back in their country. unless they just want to become a PR. which i think is the case.

fadhli your posts are cool!
Fadhi,

I have a question....

1. how do I spot from becoming a bitter old man who shouts at children?
2. how do I determine my true path in life?

1.by their face,eyes and the tone of the voice:)but if they are just like me I guess you cnt really spot it until you get to know that person
2.well I always determine my path by my attitude,there are thing that u can tell abt urself like kindness, if u too kind to people chance of getting it throw back in your face is high:).u will tend to get depress and stuff.fyi there is no true path in life,for example for me today I'm nice person,tomorrow I'm an idiot,the next day I'm a quite guy sees what I can say is if your wall are hard you will always move in straight path no matter what's comes:)and that's me now.

Faidal - you MUST come to the next Eagles Nest and give the keynote speech. I await with bated (abated?) breath. PS - that's Hanni in my avatar.

Hannieroo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Hannieroo » Thu, 23 May 2013 9:38 pm

Looking good triple D cup boy.

Brah
Manager
Manager

Post by Brah » Fri, 24 May 2013 12:37 am

Fadhli wrote:I'm a quite guy sees what I can say is if your wall are hard you will always move in straight path
Speaking of hard walls ](*,)

Fadhli

Post by Fadhli » Fri, 24 May 2013 1:09 am

Who is faidal??
I love to travel with new ,friendly people out there

x9200

Post by x9200 » Fri, 24 May 2013 7:40 am

More he write more I look forward to A Grand Surprise. Hard to believe this is not a wind up.

Grumpy77
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Grumpy77 » Fri, 24 May 2013 1:12 pm

After reading the posts, admittedly with a smile, I agree it might be a wind-up.

The level of grammar displayed has a few gems embedded that don't seem to fit: Like seeing 'too' instead of the commonly used 'to' which is far more efficient, cutting down typing effort by a full 33%. Of course one could reach a bit further, key in '2' and properly hit maximum contraction.

Also seeing 'straight' typed out properly is not something I'd expect to see from our dear friend. It should be 'strate', 'strait' or possibly 'str8'.

Could it be someone intentionally lampooning Singlish.

i cud b rong... if so im sory 2 u

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 24 May 2013 2:34 pm

Didn't you people have somewhere to go for the long weekend? :P
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 24 May 2013 2:49 pm

I have to work tomorrow! :mad:

Aren't you supposed to be working? :P
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

nakatago

Post by nakatago » Fri, 24 May 2013 2:54 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:I have to work tomorrow! :mad:

Aren't you supposed to be working? :P
Doesn't mean I can't drop by from time to time.
"A quokka is what would happen if there was an anime about kangaroos."

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Fri, 24 May 2013 4:23 pm

Tony Robbins, watch out.