Singapore Expats

Dependant PR Status for Spouse

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
holydevil1782

Dependant PR Status for Spouse

Post by holydevil1782 » Thu, 23 May 2013 10:23 am

Hi Admin

I have applied for my wife for Dependant PR and still waiting for the outcome . I applied for the PR on Oct 2 2012 . Currently my wife is in LTSVP. Any idea for the current situation for the Souse PR? I called ICA and they asked me to send email to the PR department . The reply from the officer is it is under processing will let u know after finalized

Please advice

Thanks

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Re: Dependant PR Status for Spouse

Post by the lynx » Thu, 23 May 2013 10:31 am

holydevil1782 wrote:Hi Admin

I have applied for my wife for Dependant PR and still waiting for the outcome . I applied for the PR on Oct 2 2012 . Currently my wife is in LTSVP. Any idea for the current situation for the Souse PR? I called ICA and they asked me to send email to the PR department . The reply from the officer is it is under processing will let u know after finalized

Please advice

Thanks
I'm afraid the answer is crystal clear. You will just have to wait for the outcome. Some people even waited for 11 months!

holydevil1782

Post by holydevil1782 » Thu, 23 May 2013 10:35 am

What is the current criteria for assessing the spouse PR based on your forum experience?

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 23 May 2013 10:44 am

holydevil1782 wrote:What is the current criteria for assessing the spouse PR based on your forum experience?
Depends on your stats. You need to tell us more for us to be able to understand where you're coming from in your questions.

Like what's your job, industry, income, qualification, under which PR scheme you're under, your spouse's qualification, how long, any child, etc.

holydevil1782

Post by holydevil1782 » Thu, 23 May 2013 10:49 am

Job - Senior Sytem Administrator (IT)
industry - manufacturing
income - Basic 5500
qualification - Master degree
I was Prev in EP and Converted to PR
spouse's qualification - Bach In Engineering
Stay In Singapore - 7 Years , Spouse - 1 year
Child - Nil

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Thu, 23 May 2013 10:52 am

I almost forgot, your nationality?

holydevil1782

Post by holydevil1782 » Thu, 23 May 2013 10:55 am

I am from Indonesia

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 May 2013 11:13 am

How long have you been married? If less than two years, that may well be the hold up. Is your wife also from Indonesia? Is she Indonesian Chinese? Are You? If the last three answers are yes, then it may just a matter of how long you have been married. But all are having to wait progressively longer and longer as the gahment tries to get it's priorities in order.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

holydevil1782

Post by holydevil1782 » Thu, 23 May 2013 11:17 am

Yes for your Questions. I agree to ur point. Can you explain me why they hold the application if the marriage duration is less than 2 years ? Is it the government think that it is possible to be a fake marriage?

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Thu, 23 May 2013 11:22 am

holydevil1782 wrote:Yes for your Questions. I agree to ur point. Can you explain me why they hold the application if the marriage duration is less than 2 years ? Is it the government think that it is possible to be a fake marriage?
Yes. It is called marriage of convenience. A common problem for immigrations all over the world.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 23 May 2013 11:31 pm

This is what they are talking about.....

http://cna.asia/10VFcaX
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers