JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JustSee » Wed, 06 Mar 2013 9:20 pm

Pick a date after the first week of april

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 21 May 2013 11:03 am

So how was the event? I've been scouting around for a good paintball facility. Want to know which one you guys went to and how it was.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Tue, 21 May 2013 11:40 am

We haven't gone yet, lynx.

I've tried Red Dynasty in Khatib area before. Pretty decent, around $50 for 3 rounds of "Rambo" style playing. Just shoot and hit for points that is counted by the usher. Real man-made obstacles instead of the balloons...

At Crossfire, Jurong area, at the Discovery Centre, it's a multilevel terrain, but pretty small. One-hit kill style. And obstacles are the balloon ones. Can't remember the cost. There will be a company event beginning of June, but the rented equipment (the armor and mask anyway) stinks...literally.

Dunno if there's anywhere else...I think there's an area at East Coast?
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Tue, 21 May 2013 11:56 am

Akimbo wrote:We haven't gone yet, lynx.

I've tried Red Dynasty in Khatib area before. Pretty decent, around $50 for 3 rounds of "Rambo" style playing. Just shoot and hit for points that is counted by the usher. Real man-made obstacles instead of the balloons...

At Crossfire, Jurong area, at the Discovery Centre, it's a multilevel terrain, but pretty small. One-hit kill style. And obstacles are the balloon ones. Can't remember the cost. There will be a company event beginning of June, but the rented equipment (the armor and mask anyway) stinks...literally.

Dunno if there's anywhere else...I think there's an area at East Coast?
I've tried School of Paintball at Jurong West.

http://www.sop.com.sg/

Pretty OK for someone who doesn't play a lot for me.

$300 for 8 of us with 250 pellets each (2000 in total) seems good. Cheaper than Red Dynasty but I've never been there yet. Comes with mask, marker and protective vest. All clean with good maintenance. Only two playing fields with obstacles. Methinks it is a new place.

The instructors gave us briefing and facilitated us into few rounds of capture flag mode and survival mode.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Tue, 21 May 2013 12:10 pm

Oh, pretty cool, Dynasty charges per players, but SOP charges per box, eh?

Thanks for the info, lynx. I'll take it into consideration for later.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

kamran.khan

Post by kamran.khan » Sun, 26 May 2013 10:28 pm

Are we going to pick a date?

iamterriblysorry

Post by iamterriblysorry » Thu, 30 May 2013 12:13 pm

Putting in my vote. If this does happen you can count me in !!
ninee twoo twoo ninee sixx sevenn onee sevenn.
Paintballll!!

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 3:37 pm

Hey there

From what most people are saying here, sounds like paintball in Singapore just doesn't quite seem to cut the mustard.
Now, if anyone here should ever end up in Switzerland, you want to check out this place: http://www.cobaltproject.com/
This one's the dog's b*llocks in my opinion.

Justsee mentioned that paintball here is tweaked. All very well on the side of minimising bruises and stuff, but as such you'll probably find that it results in the guns being less accurate, no?

Anyways, i've played a fair bit of paintballing in the past, and even though i can't shoot for sh!t, i like to consider myself as a bit of a veteran at this game :) So if you don't mind someone who's a "little bit" out of the 20s category, give me a shout and i'll gladly help make up the numbers.

Stevie

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 3:47 pm

I'm currently contacting SOP for a time slot. Will make the event soon.

Looking for 10 soldiers max.

Stevie_W
Chatter
Chatter

Post by Stevie_W » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 4:35 pm

Like i said, i'm more than game on.

the lynx
Governor
Governor

Post by the lynx » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 4:57 pm

Akimbo wrote:I'm currently contacting SOP for a time slot. Will make the event soon.

Looking for 10 soldiers max.
Are you considering 2000-pellet package or more for that 10-people?

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Fri, 07 Jun 2013 5:00 pm

I talked to JustSee, he can't run like sh*t for two hours...lol

I was actually thinking of 4000...but then again, I don't think we need that much.

So only 2000, lynx. Why?

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JustSee » Mon, 10 Jun 2013 8:54 am

Oh hell no,

Don't blame this on me "marathoner", sign me up for 2h and we gonna see who dissolves to a puddle.

It's not that i can't, I just don't want to :P

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 1:24 pm

Okay, I've posted the event in my thread.

If you want to, just contact me.