Singapore Expats Forum

HI i want to know i need to go out of Singapore or not

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
chan51422

HI i want to know i need to go out of Singapore or not

Postby chan51422 » Fri, 17 May 2013 3:30 pm

because of WP i need to go out of Singapore and wait until approval came out

but someone said that if i have student visa than i don need to go out and come back. they said just stay in Singapore and wait.

is it possible? and if possible now i submit my student visa cancelation already. Than it is impossible coz i don have stp?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: HI i want to know i need to go out of Singapore or not

Postby ecureilx » Fri, 17 May 2013 4:33 pm

chan51422 wrote:because of WP i need to go out of Singapore and wait until approval came out

but someone said that if i have student visa than i don need to go out and come back. they said just stay in Singapore and wait.

is it possible? and if possible now i submit my student visa cancelation already. Than it is impossible coz i don have stp?

so how will you get a student pass ?? :)

You cannot have more than one pass at a time ..

Wd40
Director
Director

Postby Wd40 » Fri, 17 May 2013 4:35 pm

When they cancel your student pass, did they give you any 30 day social visit pass? Call up MoM and check. They may help you with a social visit pass may be with or without a fine.

chan51422

Postby chan51422 » Fri, 17 May 2013 5:51 pm

Wd40 wrote:When they cancel your student pass, did they give you any 30 day social visit pass? Call up MoM and check. They may help you with a social visit pass may be with or without a fine.

so social visit pass can apply in Singapore? I don know maybe ask at my owner first.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Postby JR8 » Fri, 17 May 2013 6:16 pm

chan51422 wrote:
Wd40 wrote:When they cancel your student pass, did they give you any 30 day social visit pass? Call up MoM and check. They may help you with a social visit pass may be with or without a fine.

so social visit pass can apply in Singapore? I don know maybe ask at my owner first.

I write this the best of intentions...

I have read your posts, but your situation is rather lost amongst somewhat unclear english.

Could you state your situation in very simple terms.

- Perhaps in bullet points

- like this?

[- I am on x-pass

- I have been here Y months/years

- I wish to....

etc]

iloverice
Regular
Regular

Postby iloverice » Fri, 17 May 2013 7:32 pm

And, who do you mean with your owner here?
:???:

Wd40
Director
Director

Postby Wd40 » Fri, 17 May 2013 9:33 pm

iloverice wrote:And, who do you mean with your owner here?
:???:

He is a Korean, cook(as per his other thread). Expectedly not-so-great in English. May be in Korean the word for "Owner" and "Boss" is same and hence a literal translation. To me that came automatically, may be because I can speak in 7 different languages. Enjoy your friday evening ;)

katbh
Reporter
Reporter

Postby katbh » Fri, 17 May 2013 9:59 pm

You can not stay in Singapore with out a pass. You must have a pass. If you do not you will be fined and you could be jailed as an overstayer. Go to MOM and they will give you an extension on your pass, or a social visit pass, until your pass has been approved.
But do NOT stay here without a pass. If your pass is going to expire make sure you go to MOM BEFORE IT EXPIRES.
katbh