Singapore Expats

Hello i need help at my wp

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
chan51422

Hello i need help at my wp

Post by chan51422 » Fri, 17 May 2013 1:21 am

Im koean who graduate recently in Singapore kaplan at this year. Now i find a job in Singapore and they prepare my wp submit. Today i submit cancelation form of my student visa. Where i hired is local singapore restaurant. Im hired as cooker. But what i want to ask is how many percentage i got rejected. my owner said don worry. she is singaporean and have good experience at hire someone. But she said i need to take risk of cancel my student visa. Because it is still depend on mom. So im sooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo worry about it. i don have any crime record, i didnt rejected to enter Singapore before, my attendence at school is very good so i can really say im clean since i came here when feb 2012. Reason why i want work first is i know my family is not rich and don have any ability to pay my degree fee so i decide to work first. Also i plan to live here for long time. Do u guys think im gonna rejected? and can guess what is reason for reject me?

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Fri, 17 May 2013 10:30 am

Chan,

First of all - what's done is done. You already canceled your SP, so no going back from there. Since you have graduated already, it also makes sense (if I am reading this right).

Without any details of what salary level you were hired for, and what job, it will be difficult to give any assessment. Having been in Singapore for a while, and having been "clean", will be in your favor. Everything else is in the hands of MoM and your employer.

I wish you the best of luck.

IF you get rejected, there is always still an appeal, but first make sure to add documents as needed (certs, supporting letter, etc.), and that all forms are filled out 100% correct.

chan51422

Post by chan51422 » Fri, 17 May 2013 2:50 pm

AngMoG wrote:Chan,

First of all - what's done is done. You already canceled your SP, so no going back from there. Since you have graduated already, it also makes sense (if I am reading this right).

Without any details of what salary level you were hired for, and what job, it will be difficult to give any assessment. Having been in Singapore for a while, and having been "clean", will be in your favor. Everything else is in the hands of MoM and your employer.

I wish you the best of luck.

IF you get rejected, there is always still an appeal, but first make sure to add documents as needed (certs, supporting letter, etc.), and that all forms are filled out 100% correct.
thanks for reply me im hired as COOKER in local singapore restauarnt and my salary will be below than 1600 i think. So i processing my WORK PERMIT. thanks

and is it really can stay in singapore when process my WP if i have student pass?

AngMoG
Reporter
Reporter

Post by AngMoG » Fri, 17 May 2013 5:14 pm

chan51422 wrote:
and is it really can stay in singapore when process my WP if i have student pass?
I cannot reply to your chances of getting WP, however to stay in Singapore you need a valid pass. In your original post, you said you canceled your student pass. If that is true, then they should have given you a Social Visit Pass or similar (i.e., non-work, non-study pass) for a month (or less, not sure).

In short: you can stay in Singapore as long as you have a valid pass. When the pass you are holding expires, you have to leave the country. (I do not think an extension would be granted for the "waiting for work visa processing" reason.)