Singapore Expats

flight travelling with pets

Discuss about life in Singapore. Ask about cost of living, housing, travel, etiquette & lifestyle. Share experience & advice with Singaporeans & expat staying in Singapore.
ellie_apr

flight travelling with pets

Post by ellie_apr » Thu, 16 May 2013 5:07 pm

Hello All ,

Does anyone out that has any ideal if pets travelling with us in the same plane for e.g
from any european countries - stop over connecting flight (e.g dubai) - Singapore

will cause the pet to downgrade its quarantine cateogory from (c1- 10days quarantine) to ( c2 - 30days quarantine) just maybe because it has a stop over at the airport for a transitition but is not removed out from the airport.
Will AVA be very particular on that ?

Has anyone has similar experience moving their pets using a stop over in a country of lower category to Singapore ?

Will be nice to hear some comments. Thanks so much.
:D

Dert42
Regular
Regular

Post by Dert42 » Thu, 16 May 2013 10:34 pm

I'm curious as well.

I'm struggling with how to get my cat there. I was going to use the Pet Hotel to deal with everything for me, but I found out Singapore Air doesn't take animals. And they were the only direct flight from US.

Other flights go through Tokyo and get in at like 1am. Not a great time with little kids. Although i'm sure they'll be wide awake.

Strong Eagle
Answers: 9

Post by Strong Eagle » Fri, 17 May 2013 12:28 am

Dert42 wrote:I'm curious as well.

I'm struggling with how to get my cat there. I was going to use the Pet Hotel to deal with everything for me, but I found out Singapore Air doesn't take animals. And they were the only direct flight from US.

Other flights go through Tokyo and get in at like 1am. Not a great time with little kids. Although i'm sure they'll be wide awake.
Take a look at EVA... they leave the west coast of USA at midnight, arrive Taipei about 6 AM, then into Singapore about noon.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 17 May 2013 9:26 am

Cathay also has numerous flights from the US that arrive in HK in the early AM, and then numerous flights to Singapore through-out the day. Pretty much any flight leaving the US late night (around midnight) will get you to Asia early in the morning. The noon/afternoon departures are timed to get you to Asia in the evening.

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Fri, 17 May 2013 9:48 am

To the US poster....

We relocated our cat from New England this winter. She did not fly with us - she took Lufthansa through Frankfort with 8 hour layover then to Singapore. Because of quarantine, we were unable to see her until the next day. We used PetRelocation.com which handled all of the arrangements for us from door to door.

I don't have any idea regarding relocating a pet from Europe.

I posted some details in the Relocating to Singapore section (Under the Quarantine topic).

I hope this info helps - Please PM me if you have any specific questions.

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Fri, 17 May 2013 10:10 am

uscate wrote:To the US poster....

We relocated our cat from New England this winter. She did not fly with us - she took Lufthansa through Frankfort with 8 hour layover then to Singapore. Because of quarantine, we were unable to see her until the next day. We used PetRelocation.com which handled all of the arrangements for us from door to door.

I don't have any idea regarding relocating a pet from Europe.

I posted some details in the Relocating to Singapore section (Under the Quarantine topic).

I hope this info helps - Please PM me if you have any specific questions.
Did she fly business or first?

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Fri, 17 May 2013 10:34 am

First class all the way, baby! :lol: Lufthansa is one sweeeet airline!!

BillyB
Manager
Manager

Post by BillyB » Fri, 17 May 2013 10:37 am

uscate wrote:First class all the way, baby! :lol: Lufthansa is one sweeeet airline!!
Ha ha! Do you think a cat is eligible for a frequent flyer programme?

uscate
Chatter
Chatter

Post by uscate » Fri, 17 May 2013 2:26 pm

She got a few of those free drink coupons....I was very jealous!