Singapore Expats

Accomodation tips: deals, house-sitting, sourcing value

Discuss about where to live, renting a property, tenancy issues, property trend and property investment in Singapore.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Accomodation tips: deals, house-sitting, sourcing value

Post by JR8 » Wed, 08 May 2013 7:16 pm

We're going through the process of trying to figure out where to live, and will start viewing places within the week I expect.

We expect to end up in the Toa Payoh, Braddel, Newton, Novena ... ish - kind of area. But area is based on past experience, and is not everything.

As we start this process, I thought I'd also ask here, in parallel if anyone knows of any 'mutually beneficial deals', or has any tips beyond using the agent that we have and trust (she's a relative of ours)?

Does anyone know of anyone who has a place they want house-sitting for the longer term? Or good value places coming up for let (example: the Ports Authority used to let out Black and Whites, down Mt. Faber way, for peanuts).

My wife is a local professional. I'm a landlord myself (well versed in how to respect a place, take care of it, as well as general upkeep and maintenance).

It is not that I'm expecting to find by anything asking this here, it is more I'd feel negligent not even asking :)

Search By

Wd40
Director
Director
Answers: 1

Post by Wd40 » Wed, 08 May 2013 7:53 pm

If you share your budget and the kind of place you are looking for, may be that will help.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Wed, 08 May 2013 8:45 pm

The place we'd like for the longer term would probably be:
2 (or 3) bed
Probably a condo, as I regard a pool as a major plus.
We got our previous one in the aforementioned areas last time we were in-country (3 bed 1250ft, full facitities condo for $3.5k rising to $3.75k in year two, which was 3 years ago now.
It has been suggested that similar now would be c$4.5'ish.