Singapore Expats

Visit Pass Rejected for In-Laws

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
BetaRotman

Visit Pass Rejected for In-Laws

Post by BetaRotman » Fri, 03 May 2013 4:12 pm

I asked my PR friend to use his SingPass and apply for Visit Pass for my In-Laws (Mom, Dad and Brother) to visit Singapore for a week. The pass was approved for the Brother (Univ student), but rejected for parents (Banker and Housewife, early 50s).

Anyone heard of this?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Visit Pass Rejected for In-Laws

Post by JR8 » Fri, 03 May 2013 5:54 pm

BetaRotman wrote:I asked my PR friend to use his SingPass and apply for Visit Pass for my In-Laws (Mom, Dad and Brother) to visit Singapore for a week. The pass was approved for the Brother (Univ student), but rejected for parents (Banker and Housewife, early 50s).

Anyone heard of this?
What nationality are they?

I'm not clear why you had a friend apply for visas for a group of strangers, to him, but maybe the overall picture will become clearer later.

LongTimeHere

Post by LongTimeHere » Mon, 06 May 2013 9:41 am

(assuming they are Indian)

My two cents.

If you need the visa urgently (the visit is not holiday) , please go to ICA with the rejection, it has worked for me in the past.

Things are getting very difficult but they still seem to give at least a listening ear. It may also be the number of visa's applied.

I did on line visa successfully for a friends mother-in-law last month.His wife needed medical care & wanted someone besides her. My friend had to travel on work urgently. It was the only way to get a visa in a few hours. The visa got approved, multiple entry for one year.