Singapore Expats

PR rejected, can anybody give some suggestion? thanks.

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
Water2010

PR rejected, can anybody give some suggestion? thanks.

Post by Water2010 » Sun, 28 Apr 2013 8:51 pm

Yesterday received reject letter from ICA. It has been 4.5 months since I submitted application on Dec-1, 2012. Although this is my first time to apply for SPR, still got frustrated.

My wife and I applied for SPR togother, and I am the main applicant.
My situation: 32 years old, master degree in China, came to SG in Aug 2010, senior engr in semiconductor company, basic salary 4100+, EP Q1 holder.
My wife's situation: 30 years old, bachelor degree, came to SG in Jan 2008, shipping executive, basic salary 2200+, SP holder.

This is ICA reject letter,
Thank you for your interest in Singapore Permanent Residence.
We have considered your application, including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is not sussessful at this point in time.
Nevertheless, you and your wife can continue to reside here on your respective valid passes.
If you require further assistance, you may call ICA at 63916097.

Can anybody give me some suggestion? thanks.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sun, 28 Apr 2013 9:36 pm

You are stuffed for PR. You can work here as long as you can qualify for your employment passes. Considering you are a "Senior" engineer and only making $4,100 on a Q pass, it's unlikely that you will have your EP renewed unless you show a reasonable increment. Otherwise, you may well be downgraded to an S pass. The question then arises whether the employer will be willing to pay the S pass levy.

My suggestion? Start making a Plan B. If your next EP renewal is successful, you might try again. But it doesn't sound good.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Mon, 29 Apr 2013 9:17 am

This.
Nevertheless, you and your wife can continue to reside here on your respective valid passes.
This is the line you do not want to see. If ICA is interested with you, they would have told you to re-apply within x number of years. You can try to reapply but you need to have better profile (like SMS mentioned above: better salary)

Start having Plan B soon.

vishalgupta2
Chatter
Chatter

Re: PR rejected, can anybody give some suggestion? thanks.

Post by vishalgupta2 » Mon, 29 Apr 2013 9:36 pm

Water2010 wrote:Yesterday received reject letter from ICA. It has been 4.5 months since I submitted application on Dec-1, 2012. Although this is my first time to apply for SPR, still got frustrated.

My situation: 32 years old, master degree in China, came to SG in Aug 2010, senior engr in semiconductor company, basic salary 4100+, EP Q1 holder.
My wife's situation: 30 years old, bachelor degree, came to SG in Jan 2008, shipping executive, basic salary 2200+, SP holder.

We have considered your application, including supporting documents. We regret to inform you that your application is not sussessful at this point in time.

If you would have asked on this forum before applying, everyone would have told you NOT to apply. I don't think you stand any chance at PR unless you figured a way to get your income close to 3 fold. 2 Fold is the bare minimum you would need to even have a 1-2% chance.

If you don't see your income getting to 10k in a year, you should look for plan B sooner than soon.

Barnsley
Manager
Manager

Re: PR rejected, can anybody give some suggestion? thanks.

Post by Barnsley » Tue, 30 Apr 2013 12:49 am

vishalgupta2 wrote:
Water2010 wrote:Yesterday received reject letter from ICA. It has been 4.5 months since I submitted application on Dec-1, 2012. Although this is my first time to apply for SPR, still got frustrated.

If you would have asked on this forum before applying, everyone would have told you NOT to apply. I don't think you stand any chance at PR unless you figured a way to get your income close to 3 fold. 2 Fold is the bare minimum you would need to even have a 1-2% chance.

If you don't see your income getting to 10k in a year, you should look for plan B sooner than soon.
I dont agree ... a guy in my office just got approved , he is from China and he is on a lot less than this guy.
Life is short, paddle harder!!

calvink
Chatter
Chatter

Post by calvink » Wed, 01 May 2013 1:46 pm

Quota Quota......We might not need too much of a specific race here in SG...protecting local's interest at that point of time...

lol....