Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
princessylala

Post by princessylala » Thu, 25 Apr 2013 8:37 pm

Hi, does anyone remember the requirement our guarantor should have when we head down to contract signing?

I remember one bit of it was something about holding a STABLE job. How many years into a job is it considered stable?

Please help! :(

Heidilove

Post by Heidilove » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 1:22 pm

mimisue wrote:
HelloWellos wrote:
Heidilove wrote:Hi,
Does anybody know if a scar on knee will they accept? Have not yet tried their interview but would like to try on the 1st of june. Will any kind souls reply? Thanks
Hello! I think you should just go ahead and give it a try. If the scar is a small one, they may accept it :) Moreover, the kebaya covers the leg area (except ankle) and only shows a bit when you are walking.
Yup you can still get through :) I have a scar on my knee from falling off a bike but it didn't matter. :)
Thanks for the reply! Oh ya does anybody know how much is the accepted weight for 165cm? Actively losing weight for the upcoming interview.

kissmythrone

Post by kissmythrone » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 3:22 pm

Heidilove wrote:
mimisue wrote:
HelloWellos wrote: Hello! I think you should just go ahead and give it a try. If the scar is a small one, they may accept it :) Moreover, the kebaya covers the leg area (except ankle) and only shows a bit when you are walking.
Yup you can still get through :) I have a scar on my knee from falling off a bike but it didn't matter. :)
Thanks for the reply! Oh ya does anybody know how much is the accepted weight for 165cm? Actively losing weight for the upcoming interview.

lyvv

Post by lyvv » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 10:24 pm

hello any one know if SIA has started sending out the rejection letters for those who went for the April interview?

katy785

Post by katy785 » Sat, 27 Apr 2013 12:29 pm

Hi lyvv I'm in the same boat as you! Feelin worried now.. Were you called up for second test or did you have incomplete supporting documents on 2nd day of interview?

lyvv

Post by lyvv » Sat, 27 Apr 2013 1:45 pm

Hello katy785 I didn't have to go for second check up and have submitted the complete set of documents required.Indicated one month notice. Haven't received any calls or letters from sia. What about you?

kissmythrone

Post by kissmythrone » Sat, 27 Apr 2013 11:42 pm

kissmythrone wrote:
Heidilove wrote:
mimisue wrote: Yup you can still get through :) I have a scar on my knee from falling off a bike but it didn't matter. :)
hello!
i think they judge by how you look like in the kebaya?
and i think as long as your bmi is 21 and below, you're safe!
i'm 165cm and 55kg and i got through the kebaya round!
hope i helped!

x

veevalavida

Post by veevalavida » Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:17 am

Hi all I went for the April interview and still waiting (anxiously) for my medical results/ confirmation call from SIA. The wait is slowly killing me. Haha.

Anyway if we still have outstanding documents pending to them, do we wait for the call from them or just go down and submit directly to STC?

Thanks in advanced! And good luck to those waiting too :)

kissmythrone

Post by kissmythrone » Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:27 am

veevalavida wrote:Hi all I went for the April interview and still waiting (anxiously) for my medical results/ confirmation call from SIA. The wait is slowly killing me. Haha.

Anyway if we still have outstanding documents pending to them, do we wait for the call from them or just go down and submit directly to STC?

Got my acceptance call last Tuesday and was told that i'll be told more about the pending documents till further notice!

veevalavida

Post by veevalavida » Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:32 am

kissmythrone wrote:
veevalavida wrote:Hi all I went for the April interview and still waiting (anxiously) for my medical results/ confirmation call from SIA. The wait is slowly killing me. Haha.

Got my acceptance call last Tuesday and was told that i'll be told more about the pending documents till further notice!
Wow that's great, congrats babe! And thanks for your reply! :)

kissmythrone

Post by kissmythrone » Sun, 28 Apr 2013 12:33 am

veevalavida wrote:
kissmythrone wrote:

Wow that's great, congrats babe! And thanks for your reply! :)
thank you and no worries!!!
am sure you'll get the call soon enough so fret not!! :)

bellascritto

Post by bellascritto » Sun, 28 Apr 2013 1:35 pm

hi i got an acceptance email from mary requesting me to go down to submit all my pending documents afterwhich she will let me know my training date.

however i have lost my bank book... was wondering if providing them a copy of my transaction history from ibanking will suffice?

kindly advise. :)

katy785

Post by katy785 » Sun, 28 Apr 2013 3:58 pm

Hi Lyvv I have a missing document, not called up for second check up either and still waiting for my call too.. Hoping I get it soon!

Hi Bellascritto, did she call you up before sending you the email..? I think you can just go to the bank and ask them for a bank statement.. :)

lyvv

Post by lyvv » Sun, 28 Apr 2013 6:43 pm

katy785 wrote:Hi Lyvv I have a missing document, not called up for second check up either and still waiting for my call too.. Hoping I get it soon!

Hi Bellascritto, did she call you up before sending you the email..? I think you can just go to the bank and ask them for a bank statement.. :)
Thanks Katy785, all the best to you!! I hope i get a call soon too. :(

Bellascritto, if u have ibanking, you can actually print out your statement from there! That's what i did... :)

sstan123
Regular
Regular

Post by sstan123 » Mon, 29 Apr 2013 11:02 am

Don't worry too much even if SQ has not call you. They are very short of crew and it will be a matter of time before they'll call you. The delay could also be due to the lack of staff handling your applications. :)