Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Andrew Low

Post by Andrew Low » Mon, 23 May 2005 4:38 pm

guest00 wrote:
Anonymous wrote:Is there anyone currently working in Silk Air who is kind enough to advise what are the renumeration of Silk Air like? The requirement is only "0" and "N" Level. Does that mean Uni Graduate will less likely be considered? As compared to SIA, is the basic comparatively much lower (with the relaxed criteria) and allowances also lower considering SilkAir does not fly to European countries? If I am not wrong, the allowances in SIA for each trip is dependent on the country you fly to and the duration. However, SilkAir only fly regional.... Meaning significantly alot less for allowance? SIA gals can fetch ard $3,500 p.m. What abt SilkAir?
Anonymous wrote:Is there anyone currently working in Silk Air who is kind enough to advise what are the renumeration of Silk Air like? The requirement is only "0" and "N" Level. Does that mean Uni Graduate will less likely be considered? As compared to SIA, is the basic comparatively much lower (with the relaxed criteria) and allowances also lower considering SilkAir does not fly to European countries? If I am not wrong, the allowances in SIA for each trip is dependent on the country you fly to and the duration. However, SilkAir only fly regional.... Meaning significantly alot less for allowance? SIA gals can fetch ard $3,500 p.m. What abt SilkAir?
Hi,
I had recently became interested in being a cabin crew since it allows me to travel around. And Silkair is the first one that is recruiting right now.
So as an average, how much could one get as a monthly salary for silkair?
Do you think someone with a first class hons and a current monthly pay of S$2500 should apply? I am in a dilema as i am being offered a scholarship to do my phd. Someone pls advise.
Ta.
Hi,

If you intend to join SilkAir, from the crew they only do all the turn arounds flight as they operate mostly regional sector.

Cheers
Andrew Low

Andrew Low

Post by Andrew Low » Mon, 23 May 2005 4:54 pm

Anonymous wrote:Are crew of different nationalities base in SG or their home country?
They're all based in Singapore.

Cheers
Andrew Low

Andrew Low

Post by Andrew Low » Mon, 23 May 2005 4:56 pm

pin wrote:
Rach wrote:hi Glenny, yes, I enjoy flying with SIA. I get to fly to many countries, good pay & SIA is branded, i simply love it! Do i sound arrogant? Oops, I'm sorry if I do... so hard feeling... hee..:)

I am flying with SIA for 4 years already, as I have told Sihui in my previous entry.

By the way Glenny, what are you working as now?? Or still a student?? Aren't you interested to join SIA like the other girls, since your aunt is an interviewer with SIA and you knows the critieria better than others??
hi, rachel,

just want to ask you abt working in SIA.. as a married cabin crew, can you actually get pregnant during the bond or contract? does the bond or contract state that you cant get pregnant during servicing it?

what happen to those crews who got pregnant? can they still continue to fly or have to go for unpaid leave?

do u think SIA will still recruits people who's married but no kids (ROM only)? please advise.. thank u so much..
Hi,

So long your doctor certified that you're pregnant you are not allow to fly.

Not sure what the exact agreement for the gal, perhap Rach might be able to help you on that

Cheers
Andrew Low

VieN

tink a link

Post by VieN » Mon, 23 May 2005 5:07 pm

tink-a-link

Anyone applied for Indonesian FA for June interview? Have you got any notification from SQ? Do they send the notification via snail mail instead of email? When the exact interview date will be?

Thanks in advance...

tink a link, my friend has get her notification from SQ by post , it said her interview will be on June 20th, what bout you? have you get your letter? i do havent yet :(... so sad... huhuh...

VieN

tink a link

Post by VieN » Mon, 23 May 2005 5:08 pm

tink-a-link

Anyone applied for Indonesian FA for June interview? Have you got any notification from SQ? Do they send the notification via snail mail instead of email? When the exact interview date will be?

Thanks in advance...

tink a link, my friend has get her notification from SQ by post , it said her interview will be on June 20th, what bout you? have you get your letter? i do havent yet :(... so sad... huhuh...

Worriedgirl

Post by Worriedgirl » Tue, 24 May 2005 1:23 am

Hi, Good Morning.
I'm a Malaysian. I had received an offer letter to attend an interview for flight stewardess in June in Kuala Lumpur. I am excited but at the same time, I feel nervous. Could anyone give me some tips prior to the interview?

I don't have a set of straight teeth and my english is quite poor. Do it means that, I'll fail in the 1st round?

I really appreciate if anyone could give me some andvises or tips..
Thank you.

Creepy!

Post by Guest » Tue, 24 May 2005 3:14 am

here`s a creepy and a rumour ghost story...did all of u heard about the SQ006 accident at taiwan a few yrs back...here`s the true story...that was nvr reported..

SIA have removed SQ006 permanently from their timetable.
The flight number is now replaced to SQ030.
The return flight of SQ005 now SQ029

From now on, SQ006 is history.
The flight number was change after SIA investigation team and management found something spooky happened on SQ006 final flight.

Believe or not,if u recall,
exactly 1 year ago on the date that SQ006 crashed,
there was a Taiwanese SIA stewardess murdered in a hotel in LA.
The murder suspect was her fellow colleague.
Remember ?
Her naked body was dismembered and hidden in a cupboard.
Do you know that she was wearing red when her body was flown back to Singapore on SQ005 via Taipei and wore red when she was burried.

Her mother wore red too to recieve her body at Changi Airport.
Exactly 1 year (31 October) later on her death anniversary,the plane crashed in Chang Kai Shek Airport.
Coincidentaly, this was also the day the "murderer" steward was released from prison.
The SQ006 TPE-LAX sector was schedule to leave TPE at 10.55pm. As there was an approaching typhoon.

SQ006 captain & flight officers decided to board the plane and depart 15mins earlier. The L1 & L2 door were not closed till the 10.55pm (the original departure time)
Reason being the numbers of pax do not tally with the passenger lists in the economy section.
One of the junior stewardese counted 5 times and adviced her colleague that she cannot tally the pax in the economy section.
Both of them counted the pax again and confirmed on an xtra pax in the cabin.
When they re-counted the pax with the chief stewardese again the number of pax were correct.

Later the junior stewardese informed her chief stewardess that 1 of the lady pax sitting in 40A (in front section of the economy class) was not there and cannot locate her in the lavatory either.
The flight was pushed back as schedule.
The 2 junior stewardess were among the casualties in SQ006 and none of the pax in the front economy section survived the crash. As for the chief stewardess suffered slight injuries as she was sitting in the business class section.
While preparing the flight for LAX in the business class section, one of the male in-flight supervisor who can "see things" happened to see a lady flipping through the pax listing which was placed on one of the list class cabin table.
As there were cleaners in the cabin vacuuming, he did not shout at her but when he make to the 1st class section,there were no sign of this lady.
The male in-flight supervisor was among the survivors unscratched as he was sitting at the back section of the economy cabin.
This story was brought up during investigation interview with the SQ006 crews.
There was suspicision that the murder a year ago could have involved more then 1 person but they were let off.
It was belief that the accomplices could have been in the SQ006.
It was understood that one of the male in-flight steward who died in this crash is a buddy of the murderer.
The flight number was immediately changed after this interview.
Believe it or not !

Post by Guest » Tue, 24 May 2005 3:25 am

: I wonder if you still remembered the incident that happened in 1999 when a Taiwanese stewardess with SIA was found murdered in her hotel room in LA.

Being in the same industry, there were a few incidents that i heard from some of my colleagues. It was reported in the papers that the victim's family buried her in red. The chinese believes that by buring her in red she will be able to get her revenge.

Soon after the incident, another group of cabin crew checked in the same hotel & one of the girls from the group was in that very room where the victim was found murdered. According to her while she was sleeping, she felt uneasy and she woke up, she saw the 'victim' standing right there at the foot of her bed wearing red.

The 'victim' then told the girl not to be afraid of her & what she wanted was help to find her murderer. The 'victim' said that the guy that was found guilty was not the real murderer and she still waiting for the real murderer.

The poor cabin crew wasn't the only one who experienced encounters but other girls who were also staying in that room. After some time, SIA decided to shift all their crew to another hotel.

Other than the hotel room incident, other cabin crew have also seen the 'victim' onboard the flight to LA from Taiwan. According to them, the 'victim' will always be standing near to the washroom wearing red. She would not be disturbing anyone but she would only be looking. Again she's talked to some of the crew that she's waiting for the real murderer.

We don't know for sure if it's true that the guy who was found guilty was the real murderer or was he just an accomplice?

The recent accident of flight SQ006 in Taiwan bound for LA which left many dead coincidentally happened on the very day the 'victim' was found murdered. Pure conincidence or has she finally had her revenge?

Glenny

Post by Glenny » Tue, 24 May 2005 11:02 am

ash wrote:
Glenny wrote:Happen to drop by this here.For those who are realli interested to become SIA Cabin Crew :
As long as you can meet all these few criteria as stated below you should be able to make it to the final round of interview.

-Minimum 1.58m tall
-Speaks fluent English
-Ability to think fast, react fast
-A set of beautiful teeth and a sweet smile
-Smooth complexion (hands especially)
-No obvious scar or mark on face, hand and neck
-Not skinny or too plump. Just the right size to fit in the kerbaya.

:wink: Congrate! If you can meet all above criteria. You will definitely be a SIA Cabin Crew. :D
If not, then you should try to improve on the above areas.
For those who cant meet all of the above stated. My advise is, you should try other Airlines. No point wasting your time with SIA. The reason is, if you dont meet all the criteria above. You Will Definitely be eliminated in one of the 1st 3 rounds of interviews.

Hope this is a gd advise for those who want to be a SIA Stewardess.
My Aunt is one of the Interviewer for SIA Cabin Crew. This is wat she told me. Gd luck. :D
Hi Glenny,

Besides those points, does your Aunt tell you about the age limit for application? What about the marriage status of the applicant? Do they give priorities for those who are younger, single? What about the language skills? If the applicant is well-versed in a foreign language like Japanese, does she stand a higher chance of getting shortlisted for the interview? If not, what other foreign languages are more favourable for one to know so as to stand a higher chance of getting shortlisted?

Sorry to ask you so many questions at one time. Hope you can help me with these question marks...
Hi Ash,

I didnt really ask my aunt so detail. For age limit, i think you can refer to the age criteria SIA set out during their recruitment. Definitely, those young & single stand a higher chance to be short-listed. Foreign language is an advantage but not a must.
Most likely the Recruitment personnel will short-list you as long as you meet the Criteria SIA set out. Do write your resume in proper English.

So Just go ahead and send in your application form when there is a recruitment. :wink:

Post by Guest » Tue, 24 May 2005 2:39 pm

Worriedgirl wrote:Hi, Good Morning.
I'm a Malaysian. I had received an offer letter to attend an interview for flight stewardess in June in Kuala Lumpur. I am excited but at the same time, I feel nervous. Could anyone give me some tips prior to the interview?

I don't have a set of straight teeth and my english is quite poor. Do it means that, I'll fail in the 1st round?

Thank you.
You should try to improve your English 1st. They wouldnt take you if you cant even intro yourself.

Plavt
Director
Director

Post by Plavt » Tue, 24 May 2005 2:50 pm

Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.
Much depends on just how bad your English is. The same can be said for your teeth, might be an idea to sort these things out first and re-apply later.

Post by Guest » Tue, 24 May 2005 3:30 pm

Is the check for complexion very very strict? I pretty much worry about my complexion as there are veins showing and some brown sun spots. There are also moles on the lower part of my arm. :cry:

bb1

Post by bb1 » Tue, 24 May 2005 5:35 pm

Plavt wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Thank you.
Much depends on just how bad your English is. The same can be said for your teeth, might be an idea to sort these things out first and re-apply later.
I dont encourage you to go for it. U can apply some other job. Chances for u to get in is less than 10%. U will just be wasting ur time. There r lots of gals who r pretty and can speak well. However, they still got kicked out. Only the gd one got selected.

reject-boi

Post by reject-boi » Tue, 24 May 2005 5:54 pm

Let's encourage her to try. Worriedgirl - You just try - if you never try, you never know.

Think of it like another interview, if you get in - it's a bonus.

I suggest you practice in the mirror with your friend - an introduction, like

"My name is Worriedgirl, I am XX years old....I studied Law (any discipline) at ABC College...."

Good luck Worriedgirl. Don't worry ok? Be happy! :)

Rejectboi

Worriedgirl

Post by Worriedgirl » Tue, 24 May 2005 6:19 pm

Thank you to "Guest", Plavt and bb1..
I think I really have to improve my english 1st and re-apply again in next intake. A great day to you all...thanks a lot :wink: