Singapore Expats

Mole removal

Everything about beauty enhancement discussion.
WanWanWan

Mole removal

Post by WanWanWan » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 12:18 pm

I have a huge mole on my face. Think of the one on that guy in Austin Powers. Very distracting and I want to finally kill it.

I know a few people who've had dodgy plastic surgery done and paid the price, as it were. Is this the case in Singapore, or is it better regulated than that? What kind of things should I look for when choosing a doctor? I don't want anything fancy done, just this bloody mole taken off my nose once and for all by a proper, professional doctor. How much does that cost, anyway? I very much want to pay for more for a better doctor if that's how it works here, or is basically any cosmetic surgeon going to be good?

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 6:51 pm

My wife had one removed at a local hospital around Novena (Tan Tock Seng?). She was referred by our GP, and the appointment was made. Come that day, 20 minutes later, she left with the mole in a jar of preservative and a small wound with 3-4 stitches in it.

She had the stitches removed a few days later. And put SPF100+ sunblock on the wound while it healed and after.

Getting assessed/referred by your GP would seem to be the way to go.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 6:59 pm

Most pest control companies can help you with that. Moles tend to tear up lawns really badly with their tunneling under the turf. :wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

WanWanWan

Post by WanWanWan » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 7:22 pm

GP referral? Right-o, thanks for that! Don't know why I didn't think of it...

How much does it cost, around about?
sundaymorningstaple wrote:Most pest control companies can help you with that. Moles tend to tear up lawns really badly with their tunneling under the turf. :wink:
I have to admit I guffawed at this far more loudly than I would have preferred :oops:

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 8:02 pm

:wink:
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 10:20 pm

WanWanWan wrote:GP referral? Right-o, thanks for that! Don't know why I didn't think of it...
How much does it cost, around about?
Ooooh, I have no idea, but it can't have been much, or any discussion thereof would be memorable. That said my wife is SGn so maybe they pay less than foreigners (don't know). In any case, it is a very straight forward procedure, and it's a medical rather than a cosmetic one.