Singapore Expats

Spousal support and child maintenance after divorce

A moderated forum for serious discussions only.
nanana
Chatter
Chatter

Spousal support and child maintenance after divorce

Post by nanana » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 3:48 am

Just wonder if anyone here know what is the procedure to apply for adjustment for wife and children support due to circumstances changes post divorce?
Do I have to go through lawyer everytime?
And what is the success rate?

My case: divorce not yet finalized. Maintenance ex offered is not enough for me and 2 kids. I'm just too tired n don't want to drag the case any longer. Contemplating to just accept his terms and apply for adjustment later.. Any advice?

Thanking all for ur input in advance.

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Re: Spousal support and child maintenance after divorce

Post by zzm9980 » Fri, 26 Apr 2013 8:09 am

nanana wrote:Just wonder if anyone here know what is the procedure to apply for adjustment for wife and children support due to circumstances changes post divorce?
Do I have to go through lawyer everytime?
And what is the success rate?

My case: divorce not yet finalized. Maintenance ex offered is not enough for me and 2 kids. I'm just too tired n don't want to drag the case any longer. Contemplating to just accept his terms and apply for adjustment later.. Any advice?

Thanking all for ur input in advance.
No idea in Singapore, but if you're too tired now, why do you think it will be easier later? I would suggest based on my experiences you make sure you're happy with what you get now and make no plans to try and change it later. You'll be facing an uphill battle.