Singapore Expats

ANZAC day is coming & illegal flag issue.

Discuss about the latest news & interesting topics, real life experience or other out of topic discussions with locals & expatriates in Singapore.
curiousgeorge
Reporter
Reporter

Post by curiousgeorge » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 8:17 am

sundaymorningstaple wrote:The only exception I'm aware of is the flying of a nation's state flag on a registered diplomatic vehicle of that nation. Otherwise, I don't think it will fly.... :-|
Well, a visiting yacht/ship may fly their own state flag (if there is no national ensign) in Singapore waters.

Of course, they should also be flying the Red Ensign of Singapore too, as a courtesy flag. (Often see yachts with the Singapore flag on them, but that is also strictly prohibited - they should use the Red Ensign).

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Wed, 24 Apr 2013 8:35 am

CG, they would also have foreign registrations as well. I reckon, if you were to drive a Malaysian registered car or a Thai registered car here, you could fly the Malaysian or Thai flag on the respective car. Same doing a round the world tour with a British or US registered vehicle. But I have a feeling that trying that on a Singapore registered vehicle, unless carrying diplomatic plates, may just fail.

You might be able to fly the flag as long as a Singapore Flag was flown from the same mast but in the upper/higher position, but that would have to be confirmed. It makes logical sense to me though.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers