Singapore Expats

Why does MOE charge more for non ASEANs?

Interested to get your child into a local Primary School? Discuss the opportunities here.
JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 18 Apr 2013 2:22 pm

Ask her why if SG reckons it has 'close ties' with ASEAN neighbours, you can't bring in fags and booze when day-tripping Malaysia.

Me thinks the 'close ties' are selective, and probably self-serving.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 18 Apr 2013 2:24 pm

Probably just geographically 'close'. I'm not even sure if the phrase 'diplomatically close' best describes the close ties they share... :-|

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 18 Apr 2013 4:52 pm

It's the close friendly ties that they are nipping in the bud with the pogrom againt regional PMETs! Interesting how one ministry doesn't pay attention to the other ministries.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

movingtospore
Reporter
Reporter

Post by movingtospore » Sat, 20 Apr 2013 2:04 pm

Methinks they don't really want foreigners of the "free thinking, likely to challenge the status quo, and potentially inspire others to do the same" type in locals schools anyways. It's very, very tough to get a spot anyways.