Singapore Expats

The Weekenders

Events and gatherings for the 20's Club
samantha.l

Post by samantha.l » Wed, 10 Apr 2013 11:34 pm

Hi all!

I am Sam from SG and really like the idea of doing something different every week. I have sent in a request to join the FB group and I look forward to joining you all for the next outing (:

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Brunch & Ice Skating, 21 April 2013

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 18 Apr 2013 10:09 am

Hi all, as I did say to one of the threads in the 30's club that I want to do an ice skating gathering again, and so I'm planning it for this Sunday.

I've individually contacted them, and so there's at least three of us going there.

Gathering time for Brunch: 11 am
Brunch Venue: The Rottiserie, Rochester Mall near Buona Vista MRT.
Skating Venue: J-Cube Ice Rink near Jurong East MRT.

If you're interested, either PM or e-mail me with your contact no. Of course, you can just text/whatsapp me directly, xxxxx.

Cheers, and have a good weekend ahead.
Last edited by Akimbo on Sat, 11 Apr 2015 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Shakespeare in The Park - Othello, May 4th 2013

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 02 May 2013 8:14 am

This weekend, some of us will be going for a picnic under the stars watching one of Shakespeare's work being performed in one of Singapore's parks.

Venue: Fort Canning Park
Date: Saturday, May 4th 2013
Gathering Time: 5.30 pm

Though the play starts at 7.30, the organizer mentioned to meet up at Dhoby Ghaut MRT station (Plaza Singapura) buy things that are missed out for the picnic, and get a good place to sit at the park. (10 minute hilly walk to the venue)

Tickets are $55/person if you buy em before Saturday in Sistic. Here's the link

http://www.sistic.com.sg/portal/dt?retr ... ion=RENDER

If you are keen on coming, please contribute to the group by bringing a bottle of wine or salad, or light snacks. After all, it is a picnic. :wink:

My contact number is xxxxxx.

After the event, we will head over to KPO Cafe bar, or better yet, to CQ :twisted: depending on the general opinion.

Cheers and have a good week ahead!
Last edited by Akimbo on Mon, 27 Oct 2014 10:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
My thread...The Weekenders If you need my e-mail address, it's in the first post of the thread.

nztraveller

Hello!

Post by nztraveller » Thu, 02 May 2013 6:53 pm

Hey guys,

WOW, what a cool place for like-minded people to interact!

I'm moving to Singapore from New Zealand next week, and am REALLY excited to make new friends, and perhaps even join you guys on the next outing!

I've sent a request for the FB page too.

:)

lecurly

Post by lecurly » Tue, 14 May 2013 3:33 pm

oioi Akimbo I'm back! Finally remembered my password hahaa. Did the Shakespeare thing happen? How was it?

Any new activities coming up?

And kia ora to nztraveller :p

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Tue, 14 May 2013 4:41 pm

So you never came back because you forgot your password? :roll:

Shakespeare did happen, and although the show was splendid with a little drizzle to cool the audience slightly, it's the laugh with drinks and food after that which made the night as one of my legendary ones.

Fort Canning -> KPO -> 126 Geylang for Dim Sum till 2 am......or was it 4? Can't remember. :lol:

While some also went to Kudeta after KPO instead.

Activities for this weekend, none that I organize, though there's a BBQ that I'm going this Friday. You can see it in the FB group, curly. Care to come taste the food made by my awesome skillz with the grill?

lecurly

Post by lecurly » Thu, 16 May 2013 10:57 am

That night sounds awesome. Shakespeare outdoors, dim sum AND kudeta. Phwoar. Good one.

Yes, it's a lame reason to have disappeared but true haha. Thanks for alerting me on FB, will check out the bbq. I had some plans loosely made but there's a chance I can make it your bbq. Mad grillz skillzz is much tempting

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Macritchie Reservoir Trail Run, May 24th 2013

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 23 May 2013 8:49 am

Hi y'all.

Maybe it does sound quite sad, but some of us Weekenders will still be staying in Singapore over the long weekend, and wants to go on the healthier side of life as well as being (slightly) adventurous.

We will be going on an 11 km run at Macritchie Reservoir this Friday.

Gathering time: 7.30 am
Gathering place: Bishan MRT

Unlike the last time I posted for the hiking, we will not be meeting straight at the reservoir, but instead meetup first at Bishan MRT and go together.

Here's the trail map.
http://www.nparks.gov.sg/cms/d.....Trails.pdf
With the visitor center at the bottom right corner. We will go for the Yellow trail.

There are lockers and showers amenities at the visitor center. Unless it's raining cats and dogs, we'll be going no matter what.

Do contact me if you are coming on the day, xxxxx.

Cheers, and have a great long weekend ahead.
Last edited by Akimbo on Sat, 11 Apr 2015 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

German Maifest Brunch, Sunday, June 2nd 2013

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 29 May 2013 3:14 pm

Hi all,

We're looking to go for brunch this Sunday at the Padang. Details you can see here:

http://maifestsingapore.com/

Gathering area will be at Raffles City mall (City Hall MRT), in front of Starbucks. Arnd 12 pm.

I will be coming from the Sundown Marathon, so definitely will be drowsy. :lol:

Do contact me if you are coming on the day.

Cheers, and have a good week ahead.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Paintball War!!!! Saturday, July 6th, 2013

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 19 Jun 2013 1:22 pm

Hi guys and gals,

A continuation from ftopic92907-30.html

Because I'm making it, I'm putting it here :P

War Venue: School of Paintball (http://www.sop.com.sg)
Meeting Venue: Jurong Point (Boon Lay MRT, Green Line)
Meeting Time: Saturday July 6th, 2013. 12 pm.

We will be getting Package A, and I'm targeting for us to get 10 people max, which I've received news from JustSee, that we already filled in the minimum of 6 people.

Est Price for 10 people: $30 + $8 for Artificial turf location. To be paid on the spot.

Slots left, 3 people!

Just in case anybody bails before the day (but me and JustSee will definitely be there), you are welcome to be on the waiting list, and I will bump you up.

I will disclose the full information via SMS/whatsapp once you are confirmed.

Anyone who confirms but bails on D-day, will not be entertained in the future. So sorry, gotta be strict about it.

You can contact me via PM, post in this thread (I'll contact you after) or straight to my number, xxxxx. And leave me a number for me to contact you.

PS: There's a possibility that we can get an earlier time slot for the game. I will update you on this if there's any change.

CANCELLED
Last edited by Akimbo on Sat, 11 Apr 2015 7:46 am, edited 3 times in total.

the lynx
Governor
Governor
Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location: Location:

Post by the lynx » Thu, 20 Jun 2013 8:26 am

You forgot to mention the most important detail: When?

JustSee
Chatter
Chatter

Post by JustSee » Thu, 20 Jun 2013 8:51 am

Paintball War!!!! Saturday, July 6th, 2013

For some reason Akimbo likes to put it in the post topic.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Thu, 20 Jun 2013 9:13 am

I almost always put the date on the Post Subject....I feel that's the traditional way, as that's the title of the post.

Too bad that it's too small to see. There's I've edited it so people realizes the date.

3 slots left.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Ice Skating + Brunch @ J-Cube, Sunday July 7th, 2013

Post by Akimbo » Tue, 25 Jun 2013 12:23 pm

We're going ice skating again!

Date: Sunday, July 7th, 2013
Gathering time for Brunch: 11 am
Brunch Venue: J-Cube near Jurong East MRT, restaurant to be determined near the day.
Skating Venue: The Rink

If you're interested, either PM or e-mail me with your contact no. Of course, you can just text/whatsapp me directly, xxxxxx.

Last edited by Akimbo on Sat, 11 Apr 2015 7:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

Akimbo
Reporter
Reporter

Post by Akimbo » Wed, 03 Jul 2013 4:29 pm

Due to insufficient resources (the human kind that bailed that is), paintball is cancelled. I'll try again next time...

Return to “20's Club”