Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
Catmeat

Post by Catmeat » Sun, 22 May 2005 1:22 am

yikess.i cant send my application ! silkair database overquota! sucks!

shadream

Apply for JAL or ANA

Post by shadream » Sun, 22 May 2005 12:48 pm

Hi everyone, I'm 21 this year, from Singapore and I'm keen in applying for cabin crew posisitons for JAL (Japan Airlines) or ANA (All Nippon Airways).

I've a JLPT 3 standard in Japanese proficiency and hope someone would advise me further because I can't seem to find their recruitment schedule online just yet.

Maybe I should consider calling them?

shadream

Rach

Post by Rach » Sun, 22 May 2005 3:21 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Rach wrote:hi Glenny, yes, I enjoy flying with SIA. I get to fly to many countries, good pay & SIA is branded, i simply love it! Do i sound arrogant? Oops, I'm sorry if I do... so hard feeling... hee..:)

I am flying with SIA for 4 years already, as I have told Sihui in my previous entry.

By the way Glenny, what are you working as now?? Or still a student?? Aren't you interested to join SIA like the other girls, since your aunt is an interviewer with SIA and you knows the critieria better than others??
Currently an accountant in a MNC. I took my degree in Australia, was back to Singapore last yr aug. Yup, my aunt interview ppl in SIA. but cant disclose her name here, scare i will get her in trouble. :p

My Aunt did asked me to try it out. She say have some confident but not to proud. That will be fine. I did tried. Pass the 1st & 2nd round. But i never turn up for the 3rd one because' i was too cropped up wif my job. Boss didnt approve my leave. Plus, My bf also dont realli wish i get in. In the end, effort wasted. But it is alright. At least i get a feel how it is like. :)

So do you have a bf? U intend to fly till how old? :)
Hi!

I see, I see. So u actually went for the interview before. Good exposure though.

Yes, I am attached, but he is fine with my flying job because his job is also flexible hours.

Erm... Since I have already fly for 4 years, I decided to finish my final year of the contract, and get my lump sum first before thinking whether to continue flying. :)

Rach

Post by Rach » Sun, 22 May 2005 3:28 pm

Anonymous wrote:
Rach wrote:hi Glenny, yes, I enjoy flying with SIA. I get to fly to many countries, good pay & SIA is branded, i simply love it! Do i sound arrogant? Oops, I'm sorry if I do... so hard feeling... hee..:)

I am flying with SIA for 4 years already, as I have told Sihui in my previous entry.

By the way Glenny, what are you working as now?? Or still a student?? Aren't you interested to join SIA like the other girls, since your aunt is an interviewer with SIA and you knows the critieria better than others??
Hi, just to check how is the schedule like? On average, how many days will you be on ground in a week?
Hi!

The number of days you will be flying or on ground is not fix actually. It will very much depend on your previous flight, the place you went, and the number of days of your flight.

For example, if you fly from Singapore to Taipei then to LA then back to Singapore, flying non-stop for one week, then for the next week, you will get more rest days, and shorter flights, like maybe just a turn from nearby countries, fly in the morning and back at home at night,no over-nights overbroad.

Hope the above solves your queries! :)

Rach

SQ Allowances

Post by Rach » Sun, 22 May 2005 4:38 pm

For those interested in the Flight allowances of SQ flights... the following are some allowances guidelines:-

Basic Pay which varies from $1.1K to $1.5K

Uniform Allowances of $150.00

Transportation Allowances which varies

Asian Countries Allowances varies from $300.00 to $700.00 (depending on the number of days abroad)

European Countries Allowances varies from $850.00 to $1500.00 (also depending on number of days and how far you go)

Average Pay to Aloowances varies from $3,500.00 to $5,000.00.

Hope the above helps those who are interested to join SQ. I think this is the most important and interesting issue many would like to find out.

Cheers! :)

QIng

Re: SQ Allowances

Post by QIng » Sun, 22 May 2005 4:40 pm

Rach wrote:For those interested in the Flight allowances of SQ flights... the following are some allowances guidelines:-

Asian Countries Allowances varies from $300.00 to $700.00 (depending on the number of days abroad)

European Countries Allowances varies from $850.00 to $1500.00 (also depending on number of days and how far you go)

Hope the above helps those who are interested to join SQ. I think this is the most important and interesting issue many would like to find out.

U mean we get paid as much as $1500.00 for just a flight trip, Rach??

Rach

Re: SQ Allowances

Post by Rach » Sun, 22 May 2005 4:43 pm

QIng wrote:
Rach wrote:For those interested in the Flight allowances of SQ flights... the following are some allowances guidelines:-

U mean we get paid as much as $1500.00 for just a flight trip, Rach??
I mean, it's not just a trip and for say example,

I once fly from Singapore to Taipei then from Taipei to LA and from LA back to Singapore. About 7 days, the allowances is $1.5K. :)

Another time, I fly from Singapore to Korea, 3 days, allowances is $750.00. :)

tink-a-link

SQ Indonesian FA

Post by tink-a-link » Sun, 22 May 2005 5:02 pm

Anyone applied for Indonesian FA for June interview? Have you got any notification from SQ? Do they send the notification via snail mail instead of email? When the exact interview date will be?

Thanks in advance...

Post by Guest » Sun, 22 May 2005 5:09 pm

Rach wrote:
Anonymous wrote:

Hi, just to check how is the schedule like? On average, how many days will you be on ground in a week?
Hi!

The number of days you will be flying or on ground is not fix actually. It will very much depend on your previous flight, the place you went, and the number of days of your flight.

For example, if you fly from Singapore to Taipei then to LA then back to Singapore, flying non-stop for one week, then for the next week, you will get more rest days, and shorter flights, like maybe just a turn from nearby countries, fly in the morning and back at home at night,no over-nights overbroad.

Hope the above solves your queries! :)
Hi Rach,

Thanks a lot! You have solved my queries! :D

Post by Guest » Sun, 22 May 2005 5:15 pm

Are crew of different nationalities base in SG or their home country?

Re: Apply for JAL or ANA

Post by Guest » Sun, 22 May 2005 5:23 pm

shadream wrote:Hi everyone, I'm 21 this year, from Singapore and I'm keen in applying for cabin crew posisitons for JAL (Japan Airlines) or ANA (All Nippon Airways).

I've a JLPT 3 standard in Japanese proficiency and hope someone would advise me further because I can't seem to find their recruitment schedule online just yet.

Maybe I should consider calling them?

shadream
JAL conducted their recruitment drive in April this year in SG. They have opened the crew position in Japan until march 2006, visit www.jal.co.jp to find out more. Interview is likely to be in Japan, Tokyo.

ANA do not hire foreigners for their crew. Please call to confirm again since you're able to speak Japanese.

Post by Guest » Sun, 22 May 2005 7:12 pm

Anonymous wrote:Are crew of different nationalities base in SG or their home country?
based in singapore

Post by Guest » Mon, 23 May 2005 1:33 pm

hi is there anyone who knows how much does silkair paid?

does the following airlines recruit Singaporean?

1) Asiana airline
2) Cathay
3) Korean Airlines
4) China Airlines
5) Qantas

pin

Post by pin » Mon, 23 May 2005 3:50 pm

hi, rachel,

just want to ask you abt working in SIA.. as a married cabin crew, can you actually get pregnant during the bond or contract? does the bond or contract state that you cant get pregnant during servicing it?

what happen to those crews who got pregnant? can they still continue to fly or have to go for unpaid leave?

do u think SIA will still recruits people who's married but no kids (ROM only)? please advise.. thank u so much..

ash

Post by ash » Mon, 23 May 2005 4:00 pm

Glenny wrote:Happen to drop by this here.For those who are realli interested to become SIA Cabin Crew :
As long as you can meet all these few criteria as stated below you should be able to make it to the final round of interview.

-Minimum 1.58m tall
-Speaks fluent English
-Ability to think fast, react fast
-A set of beautiful teeth and a sweet smile
-Smooth complexion (hands especially)
-No obvious scar or mark on face, hand and neck
-Not skinny or too plump. Just the right size to fit in the kerbaya.

:wink: Congrate! If you can meet all above criteria. You will definitely be a SIA Cabin Crew. :D
If not, then you should try to improve on the above areas.
For those who cant meet all of the above stated. My advise is, you should try other Airlines. No point wasting your time with SIA. The reason is, if you dont meet all the criteria above. You Will Definitely be eliminated in one of the 1st 3 rounds of interviews.

Hope this is a gd advise for those who want to be a SIA Stewardess.
My Aunt is one of the Interviewer for SIA Cabin Crew. This is wat she told me. Gd luck. :D
Hi Glenny,

Besides those points, does your Aunt tell you about the age limit for application? What about the marriage status of the applicant? Do they give priorities for those who are younger, single? What about the language skills? If the applicant is well-versed in a foreign language like Japanese, does she stand a higher chance of getting shortlisted for the interview? If not, what other foreign languages are more favourable for one to know so as to stand a higher chance of getting shortlisted?

Sorry to ask you so many questions at one time. Hope you can help me with these question marks...