Singapore Expats

Come back to Singapore after 7 days departured from Sing

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
serido88

Come back to Singapore after 7 days departured from Sing

Post by serido88 » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 9:39 pm

Dear All,

I would like to seek anyone have the same situation as me recently.

I had left from Singapore on 8/4/2013 as my short-term visit pass expired. Unfortunately, today I received 2 interview appointments for next Wed and Thurs (17 &18/4/2013). One I will have interview letter but another I wont as this is interview with bank.

I dont know that whether Immigration Officer at the airport allows me to go in if I show 2-way ticket (for few days stay such as 5 days) and interview letter?

Anyone can give me advice or answer?

Thanks

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 10:35 pm

What is your nationality/passport?
Have you worked in Singapore before, and if so in what occupation, when, and how long for?
Have you visited Singapore previously (apart from your April trip), say during the last 12 months, and if so, how often and for how long?

If you can answer these questions, any answers you get here will be much better informed.

Good luck!

serido88

Post by serido88 » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:03 pm

Thanks JR8,

I am Vietnamese.

I left my job in Singapore since last November after 6 months working as Regional Business Development.

When my EP was cancelled, I had 1 month staying in Sing due to white card given to me. So end of December I went back to Vietnam.

12th of Jan I came to Sing with my family for holiday for 7 days. After that I went back with my family.

10th of March I came back Sing to continue my job application and to apply my LTVP but rejected (I got a topic here for my LTVP application).

And as I mentioned, I flighted back to Vietnam on 8th of April. And next week I would have 2 interview appointments. I intend to book flight for 5 days but I am not sure whether ICA let me go in.
Last edited by serido88 on Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:07 pm

You will probably be okay as you haven't maxed each of your visa out staying here and sufficient time elapsed between. Shouldn't be a problem. But, always have a plan B, just in case.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

serido88

Post by serido88 » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:11 pm

@sunday....:

Thank for your advice. Yes, what I am afraid is plan B. I am willing to pay for flight ticket but I dont want to miss my interview and to be deported and prohibited from entering Singapore for the next visit.

This time I plan to stay in Vietnam for 2 month before coming back Singapore but suddendly I have interview appointments including interview with bank which I dont want to miss.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:14 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:You will probably be okay as you haven't maxed each of your visa out staying here and sufficient time elapsed between. Shouldn't be a problem. But, always have a plan B, just in case.
^ SMS is an expert on such matters, but what he says makes sense and sounds reasonable to me.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:21 pm

serido88 wrote:I am willing to pay for flight ticket but I dont want to miss my interview and to be deported and prohibited from entering Singapore for the next visit.
I've not heard of even the most regular visitor being deported.

From what I've heard/read here, if ICA suspect you are abusing your duration of stay in Singapore, their final warning to you is them giving you just a 7-day stamp/chop.

That means: 'Here's a last chance for you to wrap up your affairs and leave Singapore [for a good duration]'.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:24 pm

^^^

Spot on. Unless you were asked to leave before. Then they put you back on the plane.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

serido88

Post by serido88 » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:29 pm

@ JR8:

What I am afraid now is I will be not allowed to enter Singapore this time. And If I am denied to go into Singapore, then what will happen to me???

For this time, I will book flight and stay in Sing for 5 days. Then If they allow me to stay 7 days, it is good enough for me.

I aware and dont want to abuse or play with Singapore rules.

So what you guys say, I can try this time?

serido88

Post by serido88 » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 11:37 pm

sundaymorningstaple wrote:^^^

Spot on. Unless you were asked to leave before. Then they put you back on the plane.
OMG, what you mean? Dont scare me :((

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 13 Apr 2013 2:16 am

serido88 wrote:@ JR8:

What I am afraid now is I will be not allowed to enter Singapore this time. And If I am denied to go into Singapore, then what will happen to me???

For this time, I will book flight and stay in Sing for 5 days. Then If they allow me to stay 7 days, it is good enough for me.

I aware and dont want to abuse or play with Singapore rules.

So what you guys say, I can try this time?
Come on Serido, what with the above and your reply to SMS, you really need to take a deep breath. I thought you were the kind of person who favours forward planning and best possible certainty (like me), rather than your current apparent nervousness/paranoia. In matters like this there is no definitive answer anyone can give you.

You have had one very well informed opinion (SMS), and another reasonably informed one (mine). We both think, that based upon the stated facts, and collectively having read scores of thousands of posts here, that there should not be a problem.

We're saying, you've not even had a single 'yellow card' yet, you're fine, you're above board, your record is clean; so don't get hung-up over receiving a red one.

Is this not the answer you expected? Why are you reluctant to accept it for what it is, a positive?

If the situation distresses you as much as it appears, why not e-mail/outline your situation to the SGn embassy in Manilla, and ask them for their opinion?

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 13 Apr 2013 7:12 am

JR8 wrote:
serido88 wrote:I am willing to pay for flight ticket but I dont want to miss my interview and to be deported and prohibited from entering Singapore for the next visit.
I've not heard of even the most regular visitor being deported.

From what I've heard/read here, if ICA suspect you are abusing your duration of stay in Singapore, their final warning to you is them giving you just a 7-day stamp/chop.

That means: 'Here's a last chance for you to wrap up your affairs and leave Singapore [for a good duration]'.
Nope, they can and will deport your immediately. You'll be detained over night and flown home the next day.
Last edited by zzm9980 on Sat, 13 Apr 2013 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 13 Apr 2013 8:53 am

Generally speaking, if you have been to Singapore previously and have not had any abuse of visas, per se, you should be okay. Of course ICA always retains the right to refuse entry to anybody, especially in the current atmosphere of "profiling" worldwide, if they deem a person as a potential undesirable. It's wrong, but what to do? Singapore wouldn't be the first country to do it, that's for sure.

offshoreoildude
Manager
Manager

Post by offshoreoildude » Sat, 13 Apr 2013 9:50 am

OP is one nervous Nelly.
Now I'm called PNGMK

zzm9980
Governor
Governor

Post by zzm9980 » Sat, 13 Apr 2013 10:18 am

offshoreoildude wrote:OP is one nervous Nelly.
That's what I was thinking. I think there is more to this and OP is only providing selected details.