Singapore Expats

[Pls Help!] Extension on Short term visit pass

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jaslynvip

[Pls Help!] Extension on Short term visit pass

Post by jaslynvip » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:17 am

My case is abit complicated. I m a Malaysian who joined my family to stay in Singapore after completing my pre-U study in m'sia two months ago. Two days ago,I was caught by surprised in the custom due to I had stayed up to 54 days in Singapore. So I only left 6 days to stay in Singapore. The next day, I went to ICA to apply for the extension of my short term visit pass. I got approved of one month extension. However, I was told by the officer that 1 day of extension is equal to 3 days (kind of penalty). I need to leave Singapore for 4 months before I can enter Singapore again. So I want to ask :

- If I don't use the extension and leave Singapore immediately for 1 months, is ICA going to know that I didnt use up the extension and allow me to enter Singapore again after one month? Or ICA dont take back the extension no matter you have used it or not?
*After all the considerations and discussions with my family, we think it is not worth to use the extension and got to leave Singapore for 4 months after that.

-At the same day after the trip to ICA, I quicky apply Long Term Visit Pass sponsored by my dad who is a PR. Any idea on is it possible that I can know the outcome in 2 weeks? (although the website stated the processing time is up to 6 weeks) I m afraid that I will only know the outcome on the 5th or 6th week, if it is approved and I will receive Approval In Principle but by that time I m already force to leave Singapore for 4 months.

I need all your help and advices. That would be very much appreaciated. thank you!

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Re: [Pls Help!] Extension on Short term visit pass

Post by JR8 » Thu, 11 Apr 2013 12:44 am

jaslynvip wrote: -At the same day after the trip to ICA, I quicky apply Long Term Visit Pass sponsored by my dad who is a PR. Any idea on is it possible that I can know the outcome in 2 weeks? (although the website stated the processing time is up to 6 weeks) I m afraid that I will only know the outcome on the 5th or 6th week, if it is approved and I will receive Approval In Principle but by that time I m already force to leave Singapore for 4 months.
I would have thought that if you get your LTVP, then that is a green light to return, and that they're not going to grant an LTVP but then say 'But you can't come back for 4 months though'.