Singapore Expats

Re-enter Singapore for my wife SVP or LTVP

Relocating, travelling or planning to make Singapore home? Discuss the criterias, passes or visa that is required.
jhun_kyo

Re-enter Singapore for my wife SVP or LTVP

Post by jhun_kyo » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 12:38 pm

Hi to all,

My wife is a PRC, and currently we just got married and she is on short term visit pass when we got ROM. My salary for myself is 2.5k per mth for this current year 2013 and it was lower than 1.5k per mth for the previous years after i graduate in terms of CPF contributions.

I understand that i can either apply for LTVP for my wife, if not my wife has to enter by SVP. From what i read on the forum, i know my chances for applying LTVP is very low, because it seems that i do not really meet the requirement for the salary part. Is there anyway i can do to increase my chance for applying LTVP for her?

Also, if LTVP doesnt work out, and i apply SVP for my wife to enter to visit me, how long does it take for her to stay outside Singapore after her departure so that i can re apply her visa again for her to enter?

For your information, my wife hasn't work in SG before.

Please help me out, and thanks.

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Re: Re-enter Singapore for my wife SVP or LTVP

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 1:33 pm

jhun_kyo wrote: LTVP for her?

Also, if LTVP doesnt work out, and i apply SVP for my wife to enter to visit me, how long does it take for her to stay outside Singapore after her departure so that i can re apply her visa again for her to enter?

For your information, my wife hasn't work in SG before.

Please help me out, and thanks.
Some answers ..

you need to be here, on SVP with white card, to apply for LTVP !!

How long you have to be out before coming back ? ICA has unofficially confirmed atleast 5 days away .. and it means, 5 days back in country of origin before coming back .. though ICA may have exceptions.

jhun_kyo

Post by jhun_kyo » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 2:26 pm

Hi Ecurelix,

Thanks for answering the question. So ICA said 5 days but there are exceptional cases i guess.

What do you mean by white card? So what you mean is i will apply LTVP when my wife and I are present in SG?

ecureilx
Immortal
Immortal

Post by ecureilx » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 2:44 pm

jhun_kyo wrote:Hi Ecurelix,

Thanks for answering the question. So ICA said 5 days but there are exceptional cases i guess.

What do you mean by white card? So what you mean is i will apply LTVP when my wife and I are present in SG?
White card = DE Card !!