Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
BNWC

Post by BNWC » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 5:11 pm

Everyone has his/her flaws. Focus on your strengths and try your best. Cos if you fail, at least you'll know you gave it your all. :)

CreamLace

Post by CreamLace » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 8:33 pm

vanillalatte wrote: Im female and only 154cm. My friend told me to try too. Actually i can touch the baggage cabin. With my slippers am able to load my hand carry in n close it. Was still considering if i shld go try. Quite scare
I'm 155cm. :(

I won't be able to attend this round on the 13th, but if you want, we could go for the next round [if I haven't found a job yet] together. :)

I understand how nerve wrecking it must be to show up, not even meeting the height requirements..

How about application, for those below height limit, do you guys put in the height limit, 158cm etc, instead of your real height?

yujie

Post by yujie » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 11:10 pm

Anyone else noe of pple with depress scars that got in? Slight ones!

Pls share, thank you!! At least I would know if I'm rejected for this reason, or it must be so something else!

yujie

Post by yujie » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 11:13 pm

@creamlace, you can write 158cm... But they will still check you know! Unless u can miraculously touch the line.

But u can just go and see how is it! :)

CreamLace

Post by CreamLace » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 11:18 pm

yujie wrote:@creamlace, you can write 158cm... But they will still check you know! Unless u can miraculously touch the line.

But u can just go and see how is it! :)
thanks yujie! will consider. But I can't make it this april 13th's walk-in interview unfortunately. :(

about your scar, i heard only on the part of skin that the kabaya doesnt cover, and if it cant be concealed then you might get turned down because of it.
If can conceal they some time will let it through, depends highly on the person checking if they are stringent or nice.

tips i read is in between the stages if got time to go to the ladies, go and touch up your make up and concealer on your scars. :)

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Post by kindaichi1234 » Sat, 06 Apr 2013 8:11 pm

Room at Pasir Ris for rent!!!! Pasir Ris Room for Rent!!!!

5 mins walk to Whitesands , Pasir Ris Interchange and MRT!!!

Newly Painted and fully Furnished, Fan, Washer, Sofa bed, Wardrobe and Computer desk etcs...

Preferably Chinese Air Crew. Direct bus to SIA training center and Airport. Blk is just opposite Pasir Ris MRT .

5 mins Walking distance to Pasir Ris mrt and Interchange.

Rent is negotiable. Non-smoker preferred. Strictly NO AGENT.

Strictly for one tenant only! $650 per mth

Interested for viewing pls call

ikip84

Post by ikip84 » Sat, 06 Apr 2013 9:20 pm

So sad for Malaysian who want to go for next week walk in interview in singapore. They just change the national requirement for singapore walk in only for singapore citizen ..
thalia

wav35_

Post by wav35_ » Sat, 06 Apr 2013 10:57 pm

are many of u guys still very interested in the job after all the news about crew recently (pay and allowances cut, shorter stayover overseas eg, london from 3 days cut to 2 days now cut to only 24 hours), downgrade of most hotels overseas, low morale among the crew and might even have more reduction of benefits). frankly speaking the pay and benefits was a large part of the appeal of the job. or are u guys having second thoughts already?
:(

pastapasta

Post by pastapasta » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 3:55 pm

ikip84 wrote:So sad for Malaysian who want to go for next week walk in interview in singapore. They just change the national requirement for singapore walk in only for singapore citizen ..
I'm glad they cut the Malaysians out. I was really wondering how they can actually continue hiring foreigners with the Dependency Ceiling in place.
Just means we Singaporeans have more chances to get in this Sat! WOOTS!

ruthrinlim

Post by ruthrinlim » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 5:39 pm

I am 'secretly' happy too.. :lol:
pastapasta wrote:I'm glad they cut the Malaysians out. I was really wondering how they can actually continue hiring foreigners with the Dependency Ceiling in place.
Just means we Singaporeans have more chances to get in this Sat! WOOTS!

mimisue

Post by mimisue » Sun, 07 Apr 2013 8:47 pm

wav35_ wrote:are many of u guys still very interested in the job after all the news about crew recently (pay and allowances cut, shorter stayover overseas eg, london from 3 days cut to 2 days now cut to only 24 hours), downgrade of most hotels overseas, low morale among the crew and might even have more reduction of benefits). frankly speaking the pay and benefits was a large part of the appeal of the job. or are u guys having second thoughts already?
:(
I'm actually in it for the experience. Am in love with the customer service line and this seems like a brilliant way to start with for a fresh grad like me :) every job has its perks and downsides anyway.

vanillalatte

Post by vanillalatte » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 2:52 pm

CreamLace wrote:
vanillalatte wrote: Im female and only 154cm. My friend told me to try too. Actually i can touch the baggage cabin. With my slippers am able to load my hand carry in n close it. Was still considering if i shld go try. Quite scare

I won't be able to attend this round on the 13th, but if you want, we could go for the next round [if I haven't found a job yet] together. :)

I understand how nerve wrecking it must be to show up, not even meeting the height requirements..

How about application, for those below height limit, do you guys put in the height limit, 158cm etc, instead of your real height?
Hey. Lets go for the next round tgt if u havent got a job. ;) even if we dont get it, at least we know we've tried. ;) pm u

CreamLace

Post by CreamLace » Mon, 08 Apr 2013 5:32 pm

vanillalatte wrote:
CreamLace wrote:

Hey. Lets go for the next round tgt if u havent got a job. ;) even if we dont get it, at least we know we've tried. ;) pm u
Alright! Not sure when the next interview will be though.

But if u're going for this sat's interview, good luck and all the best! :)

vanillalatte

Post by vanillalatte » Tue, 09 Apr 2013 10:18 am

CreamLace wrote:
vanillalatte wrote:
CreamLace wrote: I'm 155cm. :(

Alright! Not sure when the next interview will be though.

But if u're going for this sat's interview, good luck and all the best! :)
Thnks :)
Hey im unable to pm u as i do not hv enough post. perhaps can u pm me n meanwhile we keep in touch.

mastera7x
Regular
Regular

Post by mastera7x » Fri, 12 Apr 2013 12:15 am

yujie wrote:Anyone else noe of pple with depress scars that got in? Slight ones!

Pls share, thank you!! At least I would know if I'm rejected for this reason, or it must be so something else!

i got through once at round 1 but didnt make it through the 3rd round which is the skin test...

so yea...

cos i have an operated scar on my left hand... a keloid...

but have been trying my luck since january this year..

trying again this saturday...

by the way.. im a guy

:)