Singapore Expats

Long-term visit pass application once I used to have before

Moving to Singapore? Ask our regular expats in Singapore questions on relocation and their experience here. Ask about banking, employment pass, insurance, visa, work permit, citizenship or immigration issues.

Sponsored by:

Utrust Immigration
serido88

Long-term visit pass application once I used to have before

Post by serido88 » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 3:45 pm

Dear All,

May I have your help, I want to know that am I eligible for applying Long-term visit pass again when before that I was successfully approved one time.

Last time I held LTVP but after that I cancelled as I got a job. Now I left from this job and want to apply for LTVP again to stay and seeking for a job in Singapore.

Some of my friends said there is one-time application means I cannot apply again.

So any can help me to figure it out?

Thank a lot.

sundaymorningstaple
Answers: 21

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 3:55 pm

Apply & try. :-|
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 5:26 pm

I'm going to have to be applying for an LTVP for the second time, in May. (Albeit via marriage to a local).

My feeling in your case is that there is no de facto reason you cannot get one that I'm aware of. Consider the circumstances. You know SG, you have lived and worked there, and you wish to continue to do so. What is not to like? To the State, you are an approved known known.

Declare your circumstances in the 'free-form' white boxes. I would have thought, and would hope, that this would make a persuasive case.

serido88

Post by serido88 » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 3:08 am

Thank you guys for your feedbacks.

@JR8:
i'm not as lucky as you. my bf who holding ep here cannot help me since he is not PR and we havent marriaged.

btw, may I ask what is free-form white box?

I had done some researches buy cannot find any info abt how many times we can apply for LTVP.

Im going to apply LTVP in person by tmr and will update to u guys.

thanks

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 5:49 am

Ah ok, sorry. ,white box, on the form, is where you don,t write yes/no etc.... Your write an answer in your own words...

serido88

Post by serido88 » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 9:29 am

yo, I got updated news to you guys!!!

I have just come to ICA and submit my application for LTVP in person. And result is REJECTED.

The reason they gave me is that I alrd held LTVP a time then I cannot apply again. EXCEPT you got husband or wife is PR or Singaporean or child is Singaporean then you are eligible for reapply or renew LTVP.

This is my case and I wanna share some info to u guys.

So from now on, it will be my tough time to go back but hunting job in Singapore. Dont know how to do????

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 10:09 am

If serido88 was on an LTVP prior to getting his work visa. Two questions come to mind.

If he just finished his work contract he would have been given a bog standard 30 day SVP which is NOT extendable/renewable. After it expires he has to leave the country for a minimum of a week or more before returning. Upon returning I doubt he would be given an LTVP as well. He might be given an SVP extension but I kind of doubt that as well.

Additionally, if he had an LTVP prior to getting his work visa, it would almost have to have been via the old EPEC scheme (I guessing here). As that scheme no longer exists, he's now on his own and will have to manage just like all the other job seekers who come here without having a job first.
SOME PEOPLE TRY TO TURN BACK THEIR ODOMETERS. NOT ME. I WANT PEOPLE TO KNOW WHY I LOOK THIS WAY. I'VE TRAVELED A LONG WAY, AND SOME OF THE ROADS WEREN'T PAVED. ~ Will Rogers

serido88

Post by serido88 » Sat, 06 Apr 2013 9:39 am

Thanks sundaymorningstaple,

2 things I can share with you:

- Yeah, last time I held LTVP to have valid 1-year stay in Singapore. During that time, I got a job and had to cancel my LTVP. But I just left my job this Jan and got 1 month staying in Singapore( White Card given). After 1 month, I went back to my country to take a break and just back to Sing this April. And as I shared, I applied for LTVP in person based on my EPEC (still valid till end of this Novemeber) but FAILED.

Then, what I understand after talking with ICA officer is that for every LTVP applicant who alrd successfully applied last time that cannot be eligible for applying again. Except for who got spouses/parent/child or wife or husband is PR or Singaporean!!!

- Second thing is If you go to MOM website, you would know that as long as your EPEC is still valid, you can apply for 3-month LTVP ( in fact, when you apply LTVP online, there is a space for EPEC holders). But with the main condition that, as I understand from my case, you have never applied for LTVP before.

So I just wanna share my case for those who intend to leave job without new offer coming/ Pls be careful for your decision.

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 06 Apr 2013 11:33 am

That 3 month LTVP is for those who currently hold a valid EPEC. You EPEC is canceled the moment you received your work visa the first time. It did not remain "valid" while you were still working. Sorry. It's just like having a PEP that is good for 5 years. Once it is finished it's finished. Or if you leave the country before the end of the five years, it's also finished and you cannot get another one. I'm afraid you are out of luck, LTVP-wise, but you can always come back on a social visit pass and try you luck.

serido88

Post by serido88 » Sat, 06 Apr 2013 2:14 pm

Thanks sundaymorningstaple for your information.

Actually Im not sure abt my valid EPEC in term of what you said. So you mean once I held LTVP then cancelled to have employment pass, my EPEC is no longer valid? I thought LTVP cancelation does not effect EPEC since EPEC is to allow ppl to be eligible for working in SIngapore. And ICA officer also told me that I got rejection as last time I alrd apply for LTVP so even my EPEC is not expired, I am not eligible for apply new LTVP. Eventually. I decide to follow this way to stay in Singapore.

May I ask for PEP as you mentioned? Am I eligible to apply this kind of pass? I have 6 months working in Singapore which my salary can meet MOM requirement.

I look forward to hearing news from you soon.

Thanks

sundaymorningstaple

Post by sundaymorningstaple » Sat, 06 Apr 2013 2:22 pm

You can only apply for PEP now if you are currently working and your income is at least 12K sgd/mo. If you are NOT in Singapore and you apply your last salary would have to be at least 18K sgd/mo.

I suspect you don't qualify for the PEP under the new revised guidelines. Additionally the PEP is now only valid for 3 years instead of the former 5.

I may be wrong on the continuing validity of the EPEC, but I don't think I am. However, don't let that stop you from trying. But make sure you have a plan B.

edited to add:

http://www.mom.gov.sg/Documents/service ... C_FAQs.pdf

The last FAQ regarding the EPEC validity
Section D: Validity Periods for EPEC and LTVP

Qn. I have previously applied successfully for an EPEC and LTVP. Can I still apply for another three-month LTVP from ICA using the EPEC?

Ans. No. You will not be able to apply for another LTVP from ICA with your EPEC if you have already previously done so.
Pretty well answers it.

JR8
Immortal
Immortal

Post by JR8 » Sat, 06 Apr 2013 4:07 pm

My understanding of the Employment Pass Eligibility Certificate, is that it confirmed in general terms that you are suitably qualified to seek a job in Singapore. So it allowed you to come to Singapore, and get an LTVP in order to conduct a local job hunt.

Once you had an LTVP the EPECs job was done. Once you had a job, the LTVP was done.

Just my 2c on how it worked.