Singapore Expats

SIA cabin crew

Join in the discussion about employment, interview as a cabin crew, pilot in major airlines.
vasilysa

Post by vasilysa » Tue, 02 Apr 2013 4:54 pm

vanillalatte wrote:Anyone know if standing 1.54 still stand a chance? What if i can touch the red tape?
Actually how high is the red tape?
sorry to burst your bubble but at 1.54 you don't stand a chance. even at 1.65m i find it hard to reach certain things in the aircraft.. so it'd be hard for you to work effectively too :(

Felinny

Post by Felinny » Tue, 02 Apr 2013 8:31 pm

Hi for those who are about/started training. Were you being told to do your US visa prior to start date? Thanks :)

charisseyl

Post by charisseyl » Wed, 03 Apr 2013 10:39 am

anyone sharing Kristine's manual? :D

pastapasta

Post by pastapasta » Wed, 03 Apr 2013 10:58 pm

charisseyl wrote:anyone sharing Kristine's manual? :D
You can find it online on google ;)

kindaichi1234
Regular
Regular

Room at Pasir Ris for rent!!!! Pasir Ris Room for Rent!!!! 5

Post by kindaichi1234 » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 1:18 am

Room at Pasir Ris for rent!!!! Pasir Ris Room for Rent!!!!

5 mins walk to Whitesands and MRT!!!Newly Painted and fully Furnished, Fan, Washer, Sofa bed, Wardrobe and Computer desk etcs...

Preferably Air Crew. Direct bus to SIA training center and Airport. Blk is just opposite Pasir Ris MRT .

5 mins Walking distance to Pasir Ris mrt and Interchange. Rent is negotiable. Non-smoker preferred. Strictly NO AGENT.

Strictly for one tenant only!

Interested for viewing pls call

charisseyl

Post by charisseyl » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 11:49 am

pastapasta wrote:
charisseyl wrote:anyone sharing Kristine's manual? :D
You can find it online on google ;)
u mean a free download? :o

mastera7x
Regular
Regular

Post by mastera7x » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 7:20 pm

AAlexiszxc wrote:
ruthrinlim wrote:13 April it is!

Interviews will be conducted on 13 April 2013 (Saturday) at:

Sheraton Towers Hotel
39 Scotts Road,
Singapore 228230

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/caree ... ointments/
Hello (: will anyone be heading for the interview on 13th april?
#nervous.
I am GOING !

haha.

pastapasta

Post by pastapasta » Thu, 04 Apr 2013 9:38 pm

mastera7x wrote:
AAlexiszxc wrote:
ruthrinlim wrote:13 April it is!

Interviews will be conducted on 13 April 2013 (Saturday) at:

Sheraton Towers Hotel
39 Scotts Road,
Singapore 228230

http://www.singaporeair.com/en_UK/caree ... ointments/
Hello (: will anyone be heading for the interview on 13th april?
#nervous.
I am GOING !

haha.
Haha. Will it be your first time?

Shuin

Post by Shuin » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 12:34 am

Felinny wrote:Hi for those who are about/started training. Were you being told to do your US visa prior to start date? Thanks :)
do not worry about your US VISA, it'll be done during training.

ohned

Post by ohned » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 2:47 am

pastapasta wrote:
mastera7x wrote:
AAlexiszxc wrote: Hello (: will anyone be heading for the interview on 13th april?
#nervous.
I am GOING !

haha.
Haha. Will it be your first time?
Hello, i am going, it is my first time, but i am contemplating big time due to my height. Many of my friends who are in SQ recommended me to go.
Still have many thoughts about it.

~JoY~

Post by ~JoY~ » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 3:06 pm

ohned wrote:
Hello, i am going, it is my first time, but i am contemplating big time due to my height. Many of my friends who are in SQ recommended me to go.
What's your height measurement? :)

I heard if you don't make the min height by just a bit, they might still let you do the stretch test to touch the line that represents how high the cabin baggage area will be.

I'm short too. :P

ohned

Post by ohned » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 3:37 pm

~JoY~ wrote:
ohned wrote:

I heard if you don't make the min height by just a bit, they might still let you do the stretch test to touch the line that represents how high the cabin baggage area will be.

Oh Dear, even sharing it makes me have 2nd thoughts about it. LOLx!
I am 24 years old male, and i have a height of a female.
I am only 160cm. Shockingly short..

I feel like i am challenging with reality, and now i feel like i am attending a dance audition for a big dance company. Just like when i was in NAFA.
I am the 2nd shortest out of my batch, and it was tough selecting dance partners for me, lol! the taller ones gets the most roles and parts in an item.

vanillalatte

Post by vanillalatte » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 4:05 pm

ohned wrote:
~JoY~ wrote:
ohned wrote:

I feel like i am challenging with reality, and now i feel like i am attending a dance audition for a big dance company. Just like when i was in NAFA.
I am the 2nd shortest out of my batch, and it was tough selecting dance partners for me, lol! the taller ones gets the most roles and parts in an item.
Im female and only 154cm. My friend told me to try too. Actually i can touch the baggage cabin. With my slippers am able to load my hand carry in n close it. Was still considering if i shld go try. Quite scare

vanillalatte

Post by vanillalatte » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 4:11 pm

ohned wrote:
~JoY~ wrote:
ohned wrote:

Im female and only 154cm. My friend told me to try too. Actually i can touch the baggage cabin. With my slippers am able to load my hand carry in n close it. Was still considering if i shld go try. Quite scare

ohned

Post by ohned » Fri, 05 Apr 2013 4:28 pm

vanillalatte wrote:
ohned wrote:
~JoY~ wrote: What's your height measurement? :)

Honestly, i am not quite sure how SQ has evolve during the recent years.
Based on my experience with SQ two months back, i realized its all about personality. No doubt, SQ is service cultured. Based on the outlook, there were many pretty faces and by looking at them, they looked about 165cm. So embarrassing, even the females are taller than me.

Here's something,
When i was on my trip to Christchurch, i did a self check to see if i can reach the compartment.

Given a long haul flight, there isn't much you can do but walk around in the aircraft. I did a self tour in the galley, its height is about 210cm and above as for the top compartment, with a little tippy-toes (like how i would do in ballet) i didn't have much problem with it. but than again, its not about how you put the baggage into the compartment, it also involved closing and opening of its top compartment, and safety issues like safety compartments.

I have a few aviation gurus whom shared with me that across the border, the acceptable height is 160cm - 185cm. Then again, it really depends on the selection though.

I know EVA-AIR is strictly based on aesthetic. You can give a shot with Emirates. Which you will be based in Dubai for 5 years. They don't really look much into your height but so long you are able to pass the arm reach's test of 212cm.

Question, Emirates and SQ uses about the same aircrafts more or less, but Emirates don't have much of a height requirement(s) comparing to SQ though, I may be wrong, but i have tons of friends who are in Emirates, who did shared that the assessment process may not be that of a breezed.

Tomorrow is Emirates open day, you can give it a shot? It takes 2 weeks after the first round for your assessment with Emirates. At least it can prep you with SQ.

For me, i have many things in which i do not meet SQ's requirement as such my qualification, and obviously. My munchkin bloodline. But many of friends who are in SQ recommended me to heck and go for it. You either take the risk, or be in your comfort zone.